Nicki Minaj Talks Lady GaGa Comparison and 'GMA' Wardrobe Malfunction
Hot on heels of her "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" release, Nicki Minaj sits down with Juju Chang on ABC's "Nightline" for an interview. The Young Money female rapper addresses many things that are going around about her including Lady GaGa comparison and "Good Morning America" nip-slip.
Commenting on how she feels about being compared to the Mother Monster, Minaj confesses she's annoyed by it. "Offend me? No. Irks me? Yeah," she answers. "It's getting tired now to me." About their look, she argued, "Every female in this game wears wigs." Of the over-the-top costumes, she fired back, "Eeh, try again."
"First of all, I'm a rapper," says the "Starships" hitmaker before insisting that she and the dance/pop singer are in completely different lanes. "GaGa's a fantastic artist," the femcee praises the New Yorker. "She's paved her way. She's opened her own lane, but I feel like I have my own lane and we never cross...ever!"
Talking about her wardrobe malfunction on "GMA" last summer, Minaj states, "I'm so sorry about that." She then slams speculation suggesting that she did it for publicity stunt as saying, "People are ridiculous if they think I would use that as a stunt. I would never, ever, ever, swear to God, do something like that on purpose. That's ridiculous."
When Juju quizzes her if parents should worry about their kids watching her performance, Minaj replies, "I don't wanna offend moms or children, like when they come and pay their money to see a show. But I didn't come in the game to be an artist that appealed to kids, either."
Recalling her difficult childhood of living with an abusive father, she shares, "It would be like a real bad outburst and we were afraid for [my mother's] life, because whenever he would have a real bad outburst he would threaten to kill her." She adds, "[I was] angry. Angry. I wanted to kill him. I wished he was dead."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child