Melissa Gilbert's 'Dancing with the Stars' Injury Explained
Karina Smirnoff has offered some details on what led to Melissa Gilbert being taken to a hospital in the middle of "Dancing with the Stars" April 9 show. Met backstage, the pro dancer told media reps that the 47-year-old actress complained about dizziness and feeling lightheaded after hitting her head on the ballroom floor during her routine.
It was further reported that Melissa was so weakened that fellow contestant Gavin DeGraw had to carry her down from the stage's elevated "red room" and out of the studio. She was put on a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy following her.
A source additionally told Xfinity that a neck brace was put on the "Little House on the Prairie" star, while she was still in the white and golden dress she donned during her performance with Maks. "Her entourage surrounded her in a worried group," the source went on dishing.
That night, Melissa and Maks danced the paso doble. The Ukraine-born pro dancer had a slip and fell to the floor while he was about to spin his partner. Later on the show, host Tom Bergeron announced that Melissa was taken to a hospital for a precaution. However, he didn't explain the nature of her injury and said an update on her condition will be provided on Tuesday results show.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special