Melissa Gilbert's 'Dancing with the Stars' Injury Explained
Karina Smirnoff has offered some details on what led to Melissa Gilbert being taken to a hospital in the middle of "Dancing with the Stars" April 9 show. Met backstage, the pro dancer told media reps that the 47-year-old actress complained about dizziness and feeling lightheaded after hitting her head on the ballroom floor during her routine.
It was further reported that Melissa was so weakened that fellow contestant Gavin DeGraw had to carry her down from the stage's elevated "red room" and out of the studio. She was put on a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy following her.
A source additionally told Xfinity that a neck brace was put on the "Little House on the Prairie" star, while she was still in the white and golden dress she donned during her performance with Maks. "Her entourage surrounded her in a worried group," the source went on dishing.
That night, Melissa and Maks danced the paso doble. The Ukraine-born pro dancer had a slip and fell to the floor while he was about to spin his partner. Later on the show, host Tom Bergeron announced that Melissa was taken to a hospital for a precaution. However, he didn't explain the nature of her injury and said an update on her condition will be provided on Tuesday results show.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo