Alec Baldwin's Accused Stalker Ordered to Stay Away From the Actor
A Canadian woman has been ordered to stay away from Alec Baldwin. Genevieve Sabourin appeared before a judge in a New York City criminal court on Monday, April 9, a day after she was arrested on five misdemeanor counts of harassment and stalking following her appearance outside the "30 Rock" star's apartment.
During her arraignment, 40-year-old Sabourin was also told by Judge Richard Weinberg that she should have "no contact whatsoever, direct or indirect" with 54-year-old Baldwin. Being released on her own recognizance after the court appearance, the woman who is described by several media as an actress was also ordered to return for a May 14 hearing.
Baldwin filed a complaint against Sabourin on Sunday. In the papers, it was detailed that the fiance of yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas began receiving "a series of annoying and unsolicited communications" from Sabourin after he agreed to have a dinner together with the Quebec resident as a favor to a friend in the fall of 2010.
Baldwin simply felt that Sabourin's e-mails and texts "annoying" initially. The volume and intensity of her e-mails, however, increased in early April. One of her messages read, "I need to start my life, with my new name, with my new carrier in my new country help my newly husband, you!" In another, she wrote, "I need you now, please Alec come and pick me up now. I'm less than 10 min away from you tonight. Say I do to me."
According to the court filing, Baldwin began to suffer "anxiety, annoyance and fear" after Sabourin came to New York. It was believed that she turned up unannounced at his home on Long Island on March 31. She also showed up at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, where he hosted a screening of "Last Tango in Paris", on April 5.
On Monday, Baldwin's publicist Matthew Hiltzik commented on the situation as saying, "As everyone knows, stalking is a serious issue, so we've turned this matter over to the New York Police Department." Meanwhile, a court-appointed attorney for Sabourin said that the woman and the actor "had a mutual relationship with texts, emails going in both directions," adding, "there is not a single threat here."
More Alec Baldwin News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance