Kristen Wiig on Her Future on 'SNL': When I Do Leave, It's Just That It's Time
Kristen Wiig has spoken up about the reports that she will leave "Saturday Night Live" when it wraps the current season. "I don't know," she replied when asked by Alec Baldwin during his morning podcast "Here's the Thing", about her rumored impending departure.
Admitting that her contract expires this season, the Vicki St. Elmo of "MacGruber" coyly said, "Well, everyone has to leave." She added, "I will say that when I do leave it's not because I'm sick of it and not because I see something better or anything like that. I will say that when I do leave it's not because I'm sick of it and not because I see something better or anything like that. It's just that it's time."
While she claimed she's still unsure about her future on the NBC variety show, the 38-year-old actress knows for sure that waving goodbye to the show and its crew will make her sad. "When I do leave, it will be the hardest thing," she admitted. "I mean, you know. You're there for a week and on Saturday night you're sad because you leave these people."
"Being surrounded by creative people and knowing that you're all in it together, and you're putting on a show, you're all pushing this huge boulder together - every Saturday you do something that you're scared to do - I think I will miss that feeling."
Wiig isn't the only regular cast member of "SNL" which was rumored to quit the show. Earlier this month, Us Weekly reported that Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis will also bid farewell to the show at the end of the season.
However, a spokesperson for "SNL" debunked the story and insisted, "No decisions have been made and won't be until the end of the summer."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory