First Footage of Rian Johnson's Time Travel Film 'Looper' Unleashed
The first footage from Rian Johnson's time travel action movie, "Looper", has been unveiled. The sneak-peek video offers a look at some action-packed scenes in the upcoming sci-fi film, including the one that sees Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character fighting his older self, played by Bruce Willis.
In the promo video, Gordon-Levitt and director Johnson also open up about the premise of the movie. The lead actor says, "What would you do if you had to hunt down and kill your future self? My future self is played by Bruce Willis, which is how you know it's a movie, because in real life I'd be screwed."
Johnson gushed that the forthcoming movie will have "lots of action." He added that the film will likely be a mind-bending movie, as saying, "It also has this premise that you can dig into a little bit and it hopefully makes you think."
"Looper" is set in a near future where time travel doesn't exist but will be invented in a few decades. It follows a group of assassins called the Loopers, who work for a crime syndicate in the future.
Their bosses send the targets hogtied and blindfolded back in time to the Loopers, and the killers' job is to simply shoot the victims in the head and dispose of the body. So, the target vanishes from the future and the Loopers dispose of a corpse that doesn't technically exist.
The first teaser trailer for "Looper" will be released via Apple on Thursday, April 13. The movie itself will open in cinemas across the U.S. on September 28. Joining Gordon-Levitt and Willis in the cast ensemble are Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama