Selena Gomez Announces Her New Action Movie Project 'The Getaway'
Selena Gomez is ready to shoot another movie after wrapping "Spring Breakers" in Florida. Sharing a Q&A video for her fans on Saturday, April 7, the former "Wizards of Waverly Place" star announced that she will soon work on an action film called "The Getaway" with Ethan Hawke.
Telling her devotees about her next project, the "Monte Carlo" starlet said that she will do some movies before going back to the studio to record her fourth album. She shared, "I'm doing another movie called 'The Getaway' with Ethan Hawke. It's really, really exciting."
"I go to Bulgaria and then I start filming," so the former Disney darling said of her new film. "It's more of an action movie, which is also different. So we're doing that and then hopefully another movie, but that hasn't really been confirmed yet. Then I'll start working on my fourth album, which will be the best album I'll ever do!"
Plot details of "The Getaway", however, are still scarce. It is unclear whether or not the film is a remake of a 1972 movie of the same title which starred Steve McQueen and Ali MacGrawy, and focused on an ex-con and his wife who try to evade the cops after a robbery goes wrong.
Aside from "Spring Breakers" and the upcoming action film, Selena will next be seen starring opposite Eli Roth in Chilean thriller film "Aftershock". She has also been courted to star in several forthcoming movies such as "Hot Mess", "13 Reasons Why" and "Sky Is Everywhere".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences