Florence and the Machine's Unplugged Performances Hit the Web
Footage featuring Florence and the Machine's performances for MTV's "Unplugged" hit the web soon after the gig went on air Sunday, April 8. Florence Welch and her band delivered at least 10 songs during the intimate set which was taped at the historic Angel Orensanz Center in New York's Lower East Side.
Not only did Florence sing tracks from the band's second studio album "Ceremonials", but she also catered the crowd with "Dog Days Are Over", a smash hit from first CD "Lungs". The red-haired singer additionally covered Jerry Leiber and Billy Edd Wheeler's classic "Jackson" and belted out Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness".
Florence wore a long lavender dress with a high neck and capped, layered sleeves during the unplugged gig, and she invited a surprise guest to help her deliver the "Jackson" cover. "This is so exciting for me. He's one of my heroes and one of the best voices I've heard. I don't quite know what to say," she said before Queens of the Stone Age's star Josh Homme emerged on stage.
"Only If for a Night":
"Try a Little Tenderness":
"Dog Days Are Over":
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed