Video: Jake Owen Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal at Charity Concert
Country singer Jake Owen is officially off the market. The "Something About a Woman" crooner has gotten engaged to girlfriend Lacey Buchanan after surprising her with a marriage proposal during a performance at a charity event at the Citrus Bowl at Vero Beach High, Florida on Saturday, April 7 night.
The 30-year-old popped the question in front of the audience as well as friends and family while performing his single "Don't Think I Can't Love You". His proposal was so spontaneous that he didn't even have a ring. He could be heard saying to her over the speakers, "You're probably wondering where your ring is, right?"
As an answer to the question, Owen made a reference to the lyrics of his song. "I just said I can't buy you a big diamond ring or a big old house on the hill, but I promise you I'll love you forever and ever and ever," he said before finishing the song and sharing a hug and several kisses on the stage with Buchanan.
One concertgoer commented on Owen's surprise proposal. "He was talking about how he'd thrown his hat up on the fifty yard line [during graduation] and now he was here in front of friends and family, and it seemed like the most appropriate [venue]," the source told PEOPLE. "He seemed to spontaneously decide to bring her out on stage and propose to her."
Owen met Buchanan on the set of his music video for "Eight Second Ride". She also appeared in the video for "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Hours after getting down on one knee, the country crooner took to his Twitter to share his joy of being engaged. "I'm a happy man. Life is complete," so he wrote Sunday, April 8.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift