Video: Jake Owen Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal at Charity Concert
Country singer Jake Owen is officially off the market. The "Something About a Woman" crooner has gotten engaged to girlfriend Lacey Buchanan after surprising her with a marriage proposal during a performance at a charity event at the Citrus Bowl at Vero Beach High, Florida on Saturday, April 7 night.
The 30-year-old popped the question in front of the audience as well as friends and family while performing his single "Don't Think I Can't Love You". His proposal was so spontaneous that he didn't even have a ring. He could be heard saying to her over the speakers, "You're probably wondering where your ring is, right?"
As an answer to the question, Owen made a reference to the lyrics of his song. "I just said I can't buy you a big diamond ring or a big old house on the hill, but I promise you I'll love you forever and ever and ever," he said before finishing the song and sharing a hug and several kisses on the stage with Buchanan.
One concertgoer commented on Owen's surprise proposal. "He was talking about how he'd thrown his hat up on the fifty yard line [during graduation] and now he was here in front of friends and family, and it seemed like the most appropriate [venue]," the source told PEOPLE. "He seemed to spontaneously decide to bring her out on stage and propose to her."
Owen met Buchanan on the set of his music video for "Eight Second Ride". She also appeared in the video for "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Hours after getting down on one knee, the country crooner took to his Twitter to share his joy of being engaged. "I'm a happy man. Life is complete," so he wrote Sunday, April 8.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences