Video: Jake Owen Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal at Charity Concert
Country singer Jake Owen is officially off the market. The "Something About a Woman" crooner has gotten engaged to girlfriend Lacey Buchanan after surprising her with a marriage proposal during a performance at a charity event at the Citrus Bowl at Vero Beach High, Florida on Saturday, April 7 night.
The 30-year-old popped the question in front of the audience as well as friends and family while performing his single "Don't Think I Can't Love You". His proposal was so spontaneous that he didn't even have a ring. He could be heard saying to her over the speakers, "You're probably wondering where your ring is, right?"
As an answer to the question, Owen made a reference to the lyrics of his song. "I just said I can't buy you a big diamond ring or a big old house on the hill, but I promise you I'll love you forever and ever and ever," he said before finishing the song and sharing a hug and several kisses on the stage with Buchanan.
One concertgoer commented on Owen's surprise proposal. "He was talking about how he'd thrown his hat up on the fifty yard line [during graduation] and now he was here in front of friends and family, and it seemed like the most appropriate [venue]," the source told PEOPLE. "He seemed to spontaneously decide to bring her out on stage and propose to her."
Owen met Buchanan on the set of his music video for "Eight Second Ride". She also appeared in the video for "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Hours after getting down on one knee, the country crooner took to his Twitter to share his joy of being engaged. "I'm a happy man. Life is complete," so he wrote Sunday, April 8.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance