Video: Jake Owen Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal at Charity Concert
Country singer Jake Owen is officially off the market. The "Something About a Woman" crooner has gotten engaged to girlfriend Lacey Buchanan after surprising her with a marriage proposal during a performance at a charity event at the Citrus Bowl at Vero Beach High, Florida on Saturday, April 7 night.
The 30-year-old popped the question in front of the audience as well as friends and family while performing his single "Don't Think I Can't Love You". His proposal was so spontaneous that he didn't even have a ring. He could be heard saying to her over the speakers, "You're probably wondering where your ring is, right?"
As an answer to the question, Owen made a reference to the lyrics of his song. "I just said I can't buy you a big diamond ring or a big old house on the hill, but I promise you I'll love you forever and ever and ever," he said before finishing the song and sharing a hug and several kisses on the stage with Buchanan.
One concertgoer commented on Owen's surprise proposal. "He was talking about how he'd thrown his hat up on the fifty yard line [during graduation] and now he was here in front of friends and family, and it seemed like the most appropriate [venue]," the source told PEOPLE. "He seemed to spontaneously decide to bring her out on stage and propose to her."
Owen met Buchanan on the set of his music video for "Eight Second Ride". She also appeared in the video for "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". Hours after getting down on one knee, the country crooner took to his Twitter to share his joy of being engaged. "I'm a happy man. Life is complete," so he wrote Sunday, April 8.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs