Eve Scolds Nicki Minaj: If It Wasn't for Lil' Kim, You Wouldn't Be There
Eve weighs in on the feud between Nicki Minaj and Lil' Kim. The rapper, who guest starred on "Glee" as a director of the Jane Addams choir, believes the Young Money female rapper owes Kim for paving the way for female rappers, and she chastises the "Super Bass" rhymer for failing to pay respect to Kim.
"It's not about publicity," Eve says in an interview with Women of Hip Hop. "It's about wanting that respect. I think maybe that's where Kim is coming from, like, you're doing your thing right now and no one can take that away from you, Nicki - we all see it - but at the end of the day, if it wasn't for Kim, she wouldn't be here and that s**t is real."
Regardless, Eve insists she has nothing against Minaj. "A lot of people want me to hate on Nicki and say crazy things about her. I ain't got nothing to say about her," she explains. "Until somebody names me by name, then I don't feel like nobody [is talking] about me." She adds, "I wouldn't have a problem putting her on a record."
Of the other people she would like to collaborate with, Eve says, "I would definitely have to get Missy [Elliott]. I would definitely have to do Kim 'cause I never got to do a record with Kim." She additionally shares, "Lauryn Hill has always been my one dream collaboration. She to me is so dope lyrically."
Commenting on some budding female rappers, Eve reveals whom she likes and whom she's not fond of, "I like Azealia Banks. I think her style is dope. If you listen to her lyrics, she knows how to wordplay and I think that's cute. I'm not really into the Iggy Azalea chick. I can't really f**k with her music, but her look is crazy. I just can't believe it. It doesn't grab me."
More Eve News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz