Videos: One Direction's Performance and Skit on 'SNL'
One Direction performed smoothly to two of their hit songs during the "Saturday Night Live" gig over the weekend. The British boyband attempted to charm their American audience as well by showing their acting chops on "The Manuel Ortiz Show" skit.
Sofia Vergara who hosted the April 7 episode introduced the band to a roar from the audience. The five-piece worked the stage well with their choreography during the performance of "What Makes You Beautiful". They returned later for "One Thing" that arguably gives more spotlight to Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson. Zayn Malik playfully poked his finger on Harry Styles' cheek while Styles was singing his bit.
As part of the show's regular skit, the fivesome dressed up as the Spanish children of Vergara with the help of wigs and mustaches. They become part of a dysfunctional family, finding out that their grandmother is incarcerated and has been sleeping with their father. "Children, children! Your father is sleeping with your grandmother!" Vergara's Yolanda cried. The kids screamed, "Gross!" in unison.
And like all the guests on Ortiz's show, One Direction had to do the skit's signature dance.
More One Direction News
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash