Videos: One Direction's Performance and Skit on 'SNL'
One Direction performed smoothly to two of their hit songs during the "Saturday Night Live" gig over the weekend. The British boyband attempted to charm their American audience as well by showing their acting chops on "The Manuel Ortiz Show" skit.
Sofia Vergara who hosted the April 7 episode introduced the band to a roar from the audience. The five-piece worked the stage well with their choreography during the performance of "What Makes You Beautiful". They returned later for "One Thing" that arguably gives more spotlight to Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson. Zayn Malik playfully poked his finger on Harry Styles' cheek while Styles was singing his bit.
As part of the show's regular skit, the fivesome dressed up as the Spanish children of Vergara with the help of wigs and mustaches. They become part of a dysfunctional family, finding out that their grandmother is incarcerated and has been sleeping with their father. "Children, children! Your father is sleeping with your grandmother!" Vergara's Yolanda cried. The kids screamed, "Gross!" in unison.
And like all the guests on Ortiz's show, One Direction had to do the skit's signature dance.
More One Direction News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video