Videos: One Direction's Performance and Skit on 'SNL'
One Direction performed smoothly to two of their hit songs during the "Saturday Night Live" gig over the weekend. The British boyband attempted to charm their American audience as well by showing their acting chops on "The Manuel Ortiz Show" skit.
Sofia Vergara who hosted the April 7 episode introduced the band to a roar from the audience. The five-piece worked the stage well with their choreography during the performance of "What Makes You Beautiful". They returned later for "One Thing" that arguably gives more spotlight to Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson. Zayn Malik playfully poked his finger on Harry Styles' cheek while Styles was singing his bit.
As part of the show's regular skit, the fivesome dressed up as the Spanish children of Vergara with the help of wigs and mustaches. They become part of a dysfunctional family, finding out that their grandmother is incarcerated and has been sleeping with their father. "Children, children! Your father is sleeping with your grandmother!" Vergara's Yolanda cried. The kids screamed, "Gross!" in unison.
And like all the guests on Ortiz's show, One Direction had to do the skit's signature dance.
More One Direction News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'