Videos: One Direction's Performance and Skit on 'SNL'
One Direction performed smoothly to two of their hit songs during the "Saturday Night Live" gig over the weekend. The British boyband attempted to charm their American audience as well by showing their acting chops on "The Manuel Ortiz Show" skit.
Sofia Vergara who hosted the April 7 episode introduced the band to a roar from the audience. The five-piece worked the stage well with their choreography during the performance of "What Makes You Beautiful". They returned later for "One Thing" that arguably gives more spotlight to Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson. Zayn Malik playfully poked his finger on Harry Styles' cheek while Styles was singing his bit.
As part of the show's regular skit, the fivesome dressed up as the Spanish children of Vergara with the help of wigs and mustaches. They become part of a dysfunctional family, finding out that their grandmother is incarcerated and has been sleeping with their father. "Children, children! Your father is sleeping with your grandmother!" Vergara's Yolanda cried. The kids screamed, "Gross!" in unison.
And like all the guests on Ortiz's show, One Direction had to do the skit's signature dance.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle