Levi Johnston Owes Bristol Palin 22 Months of Child Support
Levi Johnston is slacking in the payment of child support for his son with ex-fiancee Bristol Palin. The 21-year-old has not paid for 22 months since June 2010 and Bristol's attorney is taking action to collect the money.
According to court documents, Levi is supposed to pay $1,750 a month for Tripp. That means he owes the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin an amount of $38,500.
"We forbore pursuing child support collection in the (perhaps naive) hope that Mr. Johnston would do what men are supposed to do and pay his support obligation voluntarily," Bristol's lawyer told TMZ, adding "We were also concerned that garnishment or other aggressive collection efforts could exacerbate an already strained relationship."
Tripp, who is now four years old, was conceived while Sarah was campaigning for the vice presidential spot in 2008. Bristol and Levi were engaged at that time but broke up after the birth and got back together for a while before splitting again. Levi is now expecting his second child with 20-year-old school teacher from Wasilla, Alaska.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video