Levi Johnston Owes Bristol Palin 22 Months of Child Support
Levi Johnston is slacking in the payment of child support for his son with ex-fiancee Bristol Palin. The 21-year-old has not paid for 22 months since June 2010 and Bristol's attorney is taking action to collect the money.
According to court documents, Levi is supposed to pay $1,750 a month for Tripp. That means he owes the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin an amount of $38,500.
"We forbore pursuing child support collection in the (perhaps naive) hope that Mr. Johnston would do what men are supposed to do and pay his support obligation voluntarily," Bristol's lawyer told TMZ, adding "We were also concerned that garnishment or other aggressive collection efforts could exacerbate an already strained relationship."
Tripp, who is now four years old, was conceived while Sarah was campaigning for the vice presidential spot in 2008. Bristol and Levi were engaged at that time but broke up after the birth and got back together for a while before splitting again. Levi is now expecting his second child with 20-year-old school teacher from Wasilla, Alaska.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant