Levi Johnston Owes Bristol Palin 22 Months of Child Support
Levi Johnston is slacking in the payment of child support for his son with ex-fiancee Bristol Palin. The 21-year-old has not paid for 22 months since June 2010 and Bristol's attorney is taking action to collect the money.
According to court documents, Levi is supposed to pay $1,750 a month for Tripp. That means he owes the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin an amount of $38,500.
"We forbore pursuing child support collection in the (perhaps naive) hope that Mr. Johnston would do what men are supposed to do and pay his support obligation voluntarily," Bristol's lawyer told TMZ, adding "We were also concerned that garnishment or other aggressive collection efforts could exacerbate an already strained relationship."
Tripp, who is now four years old, was conceived while Sarah was campaigning for the vice presidential spot in 2008. Bristol and Levi were engaged at that time but broke up after the birth and got back together for a while before splitting again. Levi is now expecting his second child with 20-year-old school teacher from Wasilla, Alaska.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences