Jeremy Renner Dishes on Hawkeye and Black Widow's Bond in 'Avengers'
Jeremy Renner recently discussed Hawkeye and Black Widow's close relationship in "The Avengers". The actor said that while both characters do not have any super powers just like the other members of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the two could complete each other with their highly-trained skills.
"We are humans with high skill sets," Renner said of the two heroes as quoted on Marvel's site. Though Clint Barton a.k.a Hawkeye wasn't born with special power, Renner claimed that doesn't mean the archer is the weakest in the gang. "[Hawkeye and Black Widow] fight well together... and they complement each other," he explained.
Agreeing with Renner, Scarlett Johansson who plays Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow added that both her character and Renner's have their own fighting style that is different from the other Avengers. "Both of us fight hand-to-hand...but we're fighting in a different way than everybody else. We do a lot of fighting on the ground," she said.
Furthermore, Renner and Johansson shared about the problem they faced to get comfortable in their superheroes' costumes. "It was like 800 degrees in my costume...and everybody looked incredibly uncomfortable until the cameras were rolling," said Johansson. "And then 'Cut!' and we were like, 'Ugh, this thing! Get it off me, it's awful!' "
Renner added that Mark Ruffalo was the one whose costume is the most "unflattering." He said of the Bruce Banner/Hulk depicter, "I think the humility award goes to Ruffalo. [He was] in a thong or wearing something unflattering, and he's supposed to be the [Incredible Hulk]."
Renner made his debut in the Marvel superhero movie by appearing briefly in "Thor". As for Johansson, she was first seen as Black Widow in "Iron Man 2", which revealed the heroine's affiliation with S.H.I.E.L.D.
In "The Avengers", Hawkeye and Black Widow will be joined by Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk to defeat Loki, a foe that no single hero could ever withstand. Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 4, the comic book movie also stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie