Keith Olbermann Reacts to the Countersuit Filed by Current TV
Current TV has challenged Keith Olbermann's lawsuit by filing an extended cross-complaint. In the countersuit filed on Friday, April 6 in Los Angeles Superior Court, the network calls its former lead anchor's recently filed lawsuit "frivolous" and "riddled with falsehoods."
Current TV additionally points out that the political commentator admitted his termination was his "fault" and said, "I screwed up," during his appearance on "Late Show With David Letterman". In fact, the network is adamant that the 53-year-old host was fired due to "persistent" material breach of his contract, including failing to show up at work, sabotaging the network and attacking its executives.
"Current had every right to terminate Mr. Olbermann's services, rather than continuing to pay a princely sum while receiving a pauper's performance in return," the suit mentions. The network, moreover, seeks "a determination that it is no longer obligated to pay a dime to Mr. Olbermann, who, having already been paid handsomely for showing up sporadically and utterly failing to keep his end of the bargain, now seeks to be paid tens of millions more for not working at all."
Showing no sign of backing down, Olbermann comments on the countersuit filed by Current TV by tweeting, "After reading the @Current filing my attorneys and I think it should be subtitled "How To Try To Pound The Table...And Miss."
Current TV officially announced that it fired Olberman on Friday, March 30. Almost a week later on Thursday, April 5, the former "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" host filed a lawsuit against the network, claiming he is owed between $50 million and $70 million in damages based on breach of contract and other causes of action.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert