Video: The Wanted Rock 'American Idol' With 'Glad You Came'
The Wanted brought boyband fever to the stage of "American Idol". The boys performed their chart-busting single "Glad You Came" during a result show of the singing competition that aired Thursday, March 5 and saw the elimination of DeAndre Brackensick.
During their set, one of the band's members Max George got a hug from judge Jennifer Lopez. At one point, he's also seen leaning on her from behind for a kiss before returning to the center stage. He later tweeted, "One of the best days of my life...thanks america!!"
Meanwhile, the British boyband tweeted a joint statement on their Twitter page, "Thank you to everyone who tuned in tonight... that was the most unbelievable experience to date #TheWantedOnIdol." They additionally called the gig "a special moment."
In addition to The Wanted, the "Idol" was also made merry by a performance by Kellie Pickler. The singer, who once participated on season 5, returned to the singing competition to deliver her single called "Where's Tammy Wynette".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival