'Downton Abbey' Season 3 to Feature a Major Character's Death
"Downton Abbey" season 3 isn't going to play until 2013 in the U.S., but executive producer Rebecca Eaton has already prepared viewers for the death of a major character. Previewing the British drama series at a Winter Park party on Wednesday, April 4, she revealed, "Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now."
Dropping another spoiler from the upcoming chapter, Eaton confirmed that "Matthew and Mary do get married." Meanwhile, the arrival of Cora's mother Martha Levinson, who will be portrayed by Shirley MacLaine, is highly awaited by other characters because the British family, especially Violet, needs money again.
"There are some wonderful scenes between Maggie and Shirley MacLaine," Eaton went on teasing the interaction between Lord Crawley's mother and Cora's mother. "Shirley MacLaine being as ditsy as ever. And Maggie barely restraining her sneer in having to deal with this American. Maggie Smith is a handful, it's true. She's very difficult. She knows her worth, and she's tricky on the set, but she delivers when the time comes."
The third season of "Downton Abbey" will begin the production this spring. Matt Milne of "War Horse" will join the cast as a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
More Downton Abbey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story