'Downton Abbey' Season 3 to Feature a Major Character's Death
"Downton Abbey" season 3 isn't going to play until 2013 in the U.S., but executive producer Rebecca Eaton has already prepared viewers for the death of a major character. Previewing the British drama series at a Winter Park party on Wednesday, April 4, she revealed, "Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now."
Dropping another spoiler from the upcoming chapter, Eaton confirmed that "Matthew and Mary do get married." Meanwhile, the arrival of Cora's mother Martha Levinson, who will be portrayed by Shirley MacLaine, is highly awaited by other characters because the British family, especially Violet, needs money again.
"There are some wonderful scenes between Maggie and Shirley MacLaine," Eaton went on teasing the interaction between Lord Crawley's mother and Cora's mother. "Shirley MacLaine being as ditsy as ever. And Maggie barely restraining her sneer in having to deal with this American. Maggie Smith is a handful, it's true. She's very difficult. She knows her worth, and she's tricky on the set, but she delivers when the time comes."
The third season of "Downton Abbey" will begin the production this spring. Matt Milne of "War Horse" will join the cast as a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance