'Downton Abbey' Season 3 to Feature a Major Character's Death
"Downton Abbey" season 3 isn't going to play until 2013 in the U.S., but executive producer Rebecca Eaton has already prepared viewers for the death of a major character. Previewing the British drama series at a Winter Park party on Wednesday, April 4, she revealed, "Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now."
Dropping another spoiler from the upcoming chapter, Eaton confirmed that "Matthew and Mary do get married." Meanwhile, the arrival of Cora's mother Martha Levinson, who will be portrayed by Shirley MacLaine, is highly awaited by other characters because the British family, especially Violet, needs money again.
"There are some wonderful scenes between Maggie and Shirley MacLaine," Eaton went on teasing the interaction between Lord Crawley's mother and Cora's mother. "Shirley MacLaine being as ditsy as ever. And Maggie barely restraining her sneer in having to deal with this American. Maggie Smith is a handful, it's true. She's very difficult. She knows her worth, and she's tricky on the set, but she delivers when the time comes."
The third season of "Downton Abbey" will begin the production this spring. Matt Milne of "War Horse" will join the cast as a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video