'Downton Abbey' Season 3 to Feature a Major Character's Death
"Downton Abbey" season 3 isn't going to play until 2013 in the U.S., but executive producer Rebecca Eaton has already prepared viewers for the death of a major character. Previewing the British drama series at a Winter Park party on Wednesday, April 4, she revealed, "Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now."
Dropping another spoiler from the upcoming chapter, Eaton confirmed that "Matthew and Mary do get married." Meanwhile, the arrival of Cora's mother Martha Levinson, who will be portrayed by Shirley MacLaine, is highly awaited by other characters because the British family, especially Violet, needs money again.
"There are some wonderful scenes between Maggie and Shirley MacLaine," Eaton went on teasing the interaction between Lord Crawley's mother and Cora's mother. "Shirley MacLaine being as ditsy as ever. And Maggie barely restraining her sneer in having to deal with this American. Maggie Smith is a handful, it's true. She's very difficult. She knows her worth, and she's tricky on the set, but she delivers when the time comes."
The third season of "Downton Abbey" will begin the production this spring. Matt Milne of "War Horse" will join the cast as a new footman named Alfred, who is also the nephew of O'Brien.
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes