'CSI' Finds D.B. Russell's Wife in 'Frasier' Alumna Peri Gilpin
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will stage a "Cheers" reunion later this season, pairing up D.B. Russell and Peri Gilpin. The latter has just been cast to tackle a multiepisode arc as the wife of Ted Danson's Russell.
Named Alison, the SAG-winning actress' character is dubbed "the apple of her banker father's eye." She grew up in a well-to-do and well-established family and rebelled against her father by marrying the iconoclastic criminalist Russell.
She is described as "the keeper of the hearth at home with an easy way about her that belies an iron will. She is the intellectual equal of her brilliant husband, the one woman who doesn't just rule his heart, but rules his life."
Gilpin, who also won a Gracie Award for her role as Kim Keeler on ABC Family's "Make It or Break It", will make her debut in the season 12 finale which is scheduled to air Wednesday, May 9 at 10 P.M. on CBS. She will return in season 13 for multiple episodes.
Russell and Gilpin previously starred together in the eleventh season of "Cheers". They teamed up once again when the former visited Kelsey Grammer's Frasier Crane on the show's spin-off. The 50-year-old actress recently guest starred on "Grey's Anatomy".
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri