'CSI' Finds D.B. Russell's Wife in 'Frasier' Alumna Peri Gilpin
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will stage a "Cheers" reunion later this season, pairing up D.B. Russell and Peri Gilpin. The latter has just been cast to tackle a multiepisode arc as the wife of Ted Danson's Russell.
Named Alison, the SAG-winning actress' character is dubbed "the apple of her banker father's eye." She grew up in a well-to-do and well-established family and rebelled against her father by marrying the iconoclastic criminalist Russell.
She is described as "the keeper of the hearth at home with an easy way about her that belies an iron will. She is the intellectual equal of her brilliant husband, the one woman who doesn't just rule his heart, but rules his life."
Gilpin, who also won a Gracie Award for her role as Kim Keeler on ABC Family's "Make It or Break It", will make her debut in the season 12 finale which is scheduled to air Wednesday, May 9 at 10 P.M. on CBS. She will return in season 13 for multiple episodes.
Russell and Gilpin previously starred together in the eleventh season of "Cheers". They teamed up once again when the former visited Kelsey Grammer's Frasier Crane on the show's spin-off. The 50-year-old actress recently guest starred on "Grey's Anatomy".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked