'CSI' Finds D.B. Russell's Wife in 'Frasier' Alumna Peri Gilpin
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will stage a "Cheers" reunion later this season, pairing up D.B. Russell and Peri Gilpin. The latter has just been cast to tackle a multiepisode arc as the wife of Ted Danson's Russell.
Named Alison, the SAG-winning actress' character is dubbed "the apple of her banker father's eye." She grew up in a well-to-do and well-established family and rebelled against her father by marrying the iconoclastic criminalist Russell.
She is described as "the keeper of the hearth at home with an easy way about her that belies an iron will. She is the intellectual equal of her brilliant husband, the one woman who doesn't just rule his heart, but rules his life."
Gilpin, who also won a Gracie Award for her role as Kim Keeler on ABC Family's "Make It or Break It", will make her debut in the season 12 finale which is scheduled to air Wednesday, May 9 at 10 P.M. on CBS. She will return in season 13 for multiple episodes.
Russell and Gilpin previously starred together in the eleventh season of "Cheers". They teamed up once again when the former visited Kelsey Grammer's Frasier Crane on the show's spin-off. The 50-year-old actress recently guest starred on "Grey's Anatomy".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences