Nicole Kidman Close to Land High-End Role as Princess Grace Kelly in New Film
Nicole Kidman could have the honor to portray Princess Grace Kelly in an upcoming movie called "Grace of Monaco". Variety reported that the Oscar-winning actress is courted to star as the iconic actress-turned-royal princess in the film that will be directed by acclaimed French director Olivier Dahan.
It was said that "nearly every top actress in Hollywood" were racing to win the highly coveted role. Kidman herself hasn't closed her deal, but the Australian actress is already entering an advanced negotiation to portray the late "Rear Window" star.
Arash Amel has written the script, which appeared on the 2011 Black List and is said to be "generating awards buzz." Meanwhile, Pierre-Ange Le Pogam is fully financing the high-end feature, which cost a mere $15 million to produce.
"Grace of Monaco" is not designed as a biopic. Instead, the movie follows Kelly's personal story against 1962 politics, focusing on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup.
Kidman recently earned her third Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her role in "Rabbit Hole". She won the prestigious award in 2002 thanks to her role as real-life figure, Virginia Woolf, in "The Hours". The former wife of Tom Cruise will next be seen in Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy", Chan-wook Park's "Stoker", and Jonathan Teplitzky's "The Railway Man".
As for director Dahan, the French filmmaker had previously directed Marion Cotillard in Edith Piaf biopic "La Vie en Rose", which won two Academy Awards.
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard