Nicole Kidman Close to Land High-End Role as Princess Grace Kelly in New Film
Nicole Kidman could have the honor to portray Princess Grace Kelly in an upcoming movie called "Grace of Monaco". Variety reported that the Oscar-winning actress is courted to star as the iconic actress-turned-royal princess in the film that will be directed by acclaimed French director Olivier Dahan.
It was said that "nearly every top actress in Hollywood" were racing to win the highly coveted role. Kidman herself hasn't closed her deal, but the Australian actress is already entering an advanced negotiation to portray the late "Rear Window" star.
Arash Amel has written the script, which appeared on the 2011 Black List and is said to be "generating awards buzz." Meanwhile, Pierre-Ange Le Pogam is fully financing the high-end feature, which cost a mere $15 million to produce.
"Grace of Monaco" is not designed as a biopic. Instead, the movie follows Kelly's personal story against 1962 politics, focusing on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup.
Kidman recently earned her third Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her role in "Rabbit Hole". She won the prestigious award in 2002 thanks to her role as real-life figure, Virginia Woolf, in "The Hours". The former wife of Tom Cruise will next be seen in Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy", Chan-wook Park's "Stoker", and Jonathan Teplitzky's "The Railway Man".
As for director Dahan, the French filmmaker had previously directed Marion Cotillard in Edith Piaf biopic "La Vie en Rose", which won two Academy Awards.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?