Nicole Kidman Close to Land High-End Role as Princess Grace Kelly in New Film
Nicole Kidman could have the honor to portray Princess Grace Kelly in an upcoming movie called "Grace of Monaco". Variety reported that the Oscar-winning actress is courted to star as the iconic actress-turned-royal princess in the film that will be directed by acclaimed French director Olivier Dahan.
It was said that "nearly every top actress in Hollywood" were racing to win the highly coveted role. Kidman herself hasn't closed her deal, but the Australian actress is already entering an advanced negotiation to portray the late "Rear Window" star.
Arash Amel has written the script, which appeared on the 2011 Black List and is said to be "generating awards buzz." Meanwhile, Pierre-Ange Le Pogam is fully financing the high-end feature, which cost a mere $15 million to produce.
"Grace of Monaco" is not designed as a biopic. Instead, the movie follows Kelly's personal story against 1962 politics, focusing on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup.
Kidman recently earned her third Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her role in "Rabbit Hole". She won the prestigious award in 2002 thanks to her role as real-life figure, Virginia Woolf, in "The Hours". The former wife of Tom Cruise will next be seen in Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy", Chan-wook Park's "Stoker", and Jonathan Teplitzky's "The Railway Man".
As for director Dahan, the French filmmaker had previously directed Marion Cotillard in Edith Piaf biopic "La Vie en Rose", which won two Academy Awards.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection