Current TV 'Happy' to Face Keith Olbermann's Lawsuit for Breach of Contract
Current TV isn't shattering though it has been slapped with a lawsuit by Keith Olbermann. After its former lead anchor filed the complaint on Thursday, April 5 afternoon in Los Angeles Superior Court, the network stated, "We will be happy to engage on the law and its facts in the appropriate form."
Defending itself against the breach of contract allegation, Current TV said Olbermann was fired for "serial, material breaches of contract, including the failure to show up at work, sabotaging the network and attacking Current and its executives." The network added, "It is well established that over his professional career Mr. Olbermann has specialized in pounding the table," before branding the lawsuit "false and malicious."
In his lawsuit, Olbermann saw the action "is necessary as Current has repeatedly and willfully breached its written agreement with Olbermann." The political commentator also detailed "logistical nightmares, technical failures and media disasters" that often plagued his program.
The former MSNBC host described Current TV as a place where "dysfunction permeated all levels of the organization" and called its president David Bohrman "an individual without relevant experience." The 53-year-old additionally claimed he is owed between $50 million and $70 million in damages based on breach of contract and other causes of action.
After some people reacted to his lawsuit, Olbermann wrote on his Twitter page, "Thanks to all who read the lawsuit and have expressed their support. To everybody else: It's a great read, and factual :)"
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'