Current TV 'Happy' to Face Keith Olbermann's Lawsuit for Breach of Contract
Current TV isn't shattering though it has been slapped with a lawsuit by Keith Olbermann. After its former lead anchor filed the complaint on Thursday, April 5 afternoon in Los Angeles Superior Court, the network stated, "We will be happy to engage on the law and its facts in the appropriate form."
Defending itself against the breach of contract allegation, Current TV said Olbermann was fired for "serial, material breaches of contract, including the failure to show up at work, sabotaging the network and attacking Current and its executives." The network added, "It is well established that over his professional career Mr. Olbermann has specialized in pounding the table," before branding the lawsuit "false and malicious."
In his lawsuit, Olbermann saw the action "is necessary as Current has repeatedly and willfully breached its written agreement with Olbermann." The political commentator also detailed "logistical nightmares, technical failures and media disasters" that often plagued his program.
The former MSNBC host described Current TV as a place where "dysfunction permeated all levels of the organization" and called its president David Bohrman "an individual without relevant experience." The 53-year-old additionally claimed he is owed between $50 million and $70 million in damages based on breach of contract and other causes of action.
After some people reacted to his lawsuit, Olbermann wrote on his Twitter page, "Thanks to all who read the lawsuit and have expressed their support. To everybody else: It's a great read, and factual :)"
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!