First Look: The Rock Sports Massive Bling on the Set of Michael Bay's 'Pain and Gain'
First image of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson from the set of Michael Bay's "Pain and Gain" has been shared online. While filming a scene in Miami, Florida on Wednesday, April 4, the former professional wrestler was snapped exposing his ripped muscles in a light blue tank top.
Sporting an eye-catching golden cross necklace and aviator shades, the hunky actor was seen all smiles for his first day working on the set. Taking to his Twitter to share his excitement, the 39-year-old star wrote, "Helluva 1st day of shooting PAIN & GAIN (Michael Bay directing). Insane true story and characters. #GonnaHaveSomeFun."
Also spotted on the set was Johnson's co-star Mark Wahlberg, who got caught on camera doing some stunts while filming a chase scene. Donning Adidas training, Wahlberg was at one point seen flipping above a police car hood.
In "Pain and Gain", Johnson and Wahlberg will star as two bodybuilders who get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong. The true story movie is based on a 1999 Miami New Times article.
In related news to this passion project of Michael Bay, it has been reported that Ken Jeong has just joined the movie. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Jeong will play Johnny Wu, but details of the character remain scarce. This movie will reunite Jeong with Bay after they last teamed up for "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".
Being made with a budget of a mere $20 million, "Pain and Gain" marks the "Transformers" director's smallest budgeted feature since his first movie "Bad Boys" in 1995. The film is expected to open in the U.S. sometime in 2014.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama