Mary J. Blige on Burger King Ad: I Understand Why My Fans Are Upset
Mary J. Blige has reacted to controversy surrounding her recently-pulled Burger King ad. Speaking to TMZ, the R&B singer says she can see why people are against it, but she stresses that she never has any intention to offend anyone.
In her statement, Mary J. reveals that the ad was unfinished when it came out. "I understand my fans being upset by what they saw," she says. "But, if you're a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out."
The Grammy winner continues to share her thoughts on the matter, "I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that's not what was happening in that clip."
Mary J. sings about a new crispy chicken wrap in the commercial, but she's criticized for playing off "stereotypes of dancing, singing, and chicken-loving black people." The ad has since been pulled from circulation "due to a licensing issue."
More Mary J. Blige News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair