Mary J. Blige on Burger King Ad: I Understand Why My Fans Are Upset
Mary J. Blige has reacted to controversy surrounding her recently-pulled Burger King ad. Speaking to TMZ, the R&B singer says she can see why people are against it, but she stresses that she never has any intention to offend anyone.
In her statement, Mary J. reveals that the ad was unfinished when it came out. "I understand my fans being upset by what they saw," she says. "But, if you're a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out."
The Grammy winner continues to share her thoughts on the matter, "I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that's not what was happening in that clip."
Mary J. sings about a new crispy chicken wrap in the commercial, but she's criticized for playing off "stereotypes of dancing, singing, and chicken-loving black people." The ad has since been pulled from circulation "due to a licensing issue."
More Mary J. Blige News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation