Mary J. Blige on Burger King Ad: I Understand Why My Fans Are Upset
Mary J. Blige has reacted to controversy surrounding her recently-pulled Burger King ad. Speaking to TMZ, the R&B singer says she can see why people are against it, but she stresses that she never has any intention to offend anyone.
In her statement, Mary J. reveals that the ad was unfinished when it came out. "I understand my fans being upset by what they saw," she says. "But, if you're a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out."
The Grammy winner continues to share her thoughts on the matter, "I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that's not what was happening in that clip."
Mary J. sings about a new crispy chicken wrap in the commercial, but she's criticized for playing off "stereotypes of dancing, singing, and chicken-loving black people." The ad has since been pulled from circulation "due to a licensing issue."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!