Mary J. Blige on Burger King Ad: I Understand Why My Fans Are Upset
Mary J. Blige has reacted to controversy surrounding her recently-pulled Burger King ad. Speaking to TMZ, the R&B singer says she can see why people are against it, but she stresses that she never has any intention to offend anyone.
In her statement, Mary J. reveals that the ad was unfinished when it came out. "I understand my fans being upset by what they saw," she says. "But, if you're a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out."
The Grammy winner continues to share her thoughts on the matter, "I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that's not what was happening in that clip."
Mary J. sings about a new crispy chicken wrap in the commercial, but she's criticized for playing off "stereotypes of dancing, singing, and chicken-loving black people." The ad has since been pulled from circulation "due to a licensing issue."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri