Scribe Alex Kurtzman Hints at 'Amazing' Challenge in 'Star Trek' Sequel
While director J.J. Abrams remains tight-lipped about plot details of "Star Trek" sequel, screenwriter Alex Kurtzman recently shared a few tidbits of the much awaited sci-fi movie. The scribe hinted that in the upcoming film, the new crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise will face an "amazing" challenge that will test their solidity as a team.
Speaking to Movieweb, Kurtzman carefully said, "Without spoiling anything, the challenge is that you don't want to jump too far ahead and assume that just because they got together they're all comfortable with each other." He added, "They're still working out their kinks and still becoming the bridge crew that we remember from the series."
"That's still very much alive and look, any good sequel is about the challenge that the group faces in order to become the unified team and I think that that challenge in this movie is going to be, hopefully, amazing," explained the 38-year-old screenwriter.
During the interview, Kurtzman also sang praises to Abrams for staying true to the iconic franchise. "The movie is going unbelievably well. J.J. as usual is crushing it, he's doing an amazing job. I think as much as we put all of our love and effort into the first one, there's even more in this one and he is really, he's such an exacting and beautiful director," so the scribe gushed.
"What I watch him do, it's so amazing, he inspires everybody around him and he's been so utterly true to everything that we all have honored and loved about 'Trek' so that's kind of where we're at right now," he continued. "The finish line is in sight."
Commenting on the franchise newcomer, Benedict Cumberbatch who is believed to tackle the major villain, Kurtzman stated that the English actor is such a "magnetic" star. He said, "He's incredible. What he does with language is incredible. His training is amazing and he's so magnetic, he holds the screen in any size frame, he really is a joy to watch."
Due to be released in the U.S. on May 17, 2013, the untitled Star Trek sequel still hasn't unveiled its official plot details. Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho are all set to return as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Scotty, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz