'Criminal Minds' 7.20 Preview: Morgan Gets Clue About His Long-Lost Cousin
When "Criminal Minds" returns with a new episode next week, Morgan finds an evidence that his cousin, who has been missing for eight years, is still alive. When his sister sees a woman who looks like their presumed-dead cousin, Cindi, Morgan is forced to confront a lie he told his family last year to provide closure.
Now, he will compel the BAU to reopen the case of his cousin's disappearance. When they capture the man believed to have kidnapped Cindi and put her under his control for years, the team must play the ultimate mind game to find out her whereabouts.
"The Company" will air Wednesday, April 11 at 9/8c on CBS. Later, in the season 7 finale, the BAU team will bid goodbye to Emily Prentiss. Dishing on how Paget Brewster's character will be written out of the show for the second time, executive producer Erica Messer said, "[Emily's] listening to her gut in the last episodes. The conversations that Prentiss is having with the team were the ones I had with Paget, basically."
Claiming she plans "a proper exit" for Prentiss, Messer promises she won't kill off the character once again. "I didn't want those left behind to have to deal with the fact that she really died this time. The sadness they played at the end of season 6, especially 6.20 when Hotch had the therapy sessions with them all, it was real for every single one of them. And it was real for Hotch because he had this burden [of the lie]. To think that would be real for them, that seemed like a cruel thing to do to that team," she explained.
Instead, Prentiss' impending departure will leave viewers feeling like "it was believable that she can still have breakfast with them when she's in town." Still, Messer admitted that she "was devastated" to let Brewster go. "I begged her not to go," she said. "It's such a different feeling, though, knowing that this is Paget's decision."
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'