'Criminal Minds' 7.20 Preview: Morgan Gets Clue About His Long-Lost Cousin
When "Criminal Minds" returns with a new episode next week, Morgan finds an evidence that his cousin, who has been missing for eight years, is still alive. When his sister sees a woman who looks like their presumed-dead cousin, Cindi, Morgan is forced to confront a lie he told his family last year to provide closure.
Now, he will compel the BAU to reopen the case of his cousin's disappearance. When they capture the man believed to have kidnapped Cindi and put her under his control for years, the team must play the ultimate mind game to find out her whereabouts.
"The Company" will air Wednesday, April 11 at 9/8c on CBS. Later, in the season 7 finale, the BAU team will bid goodbye to Emily Prentiss. Dishing on how Paget Brewster's character will be written out of the show for the second time, executive producer Erica Messer said, "[Emily's] listening to her gut in the last episodes. The conversations that Prentiss is having with the team were the ones I had with Paget, basically."
Claiming she plans "a proper exit" for Prentiss, Messer promises she won't kill off the character once again. "I didn't want those left behind to have to deal with the fact that she really died this time. The sadness they played at the end of season 6, especially 6.20 when Hotch had the therapy sessions with them all, it was real for every single one of them. And it was real for Hotch because he had this burden [of the lie]. To think that would be real for them, that seemed like a cruel thing to do to that team," she explained.
Instead, Prentiss' impending departure will leave viewers feeling like "it was believable that she can still have breakfast with them when she's in town." Still, Messer admitted that she "was devastated" to let Brewster go. "I begged her not to go," she said. "It's such a different feeling, though, knowing that this is Paget's decision."
More Criminal Minds News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences