Prince William and Kate Middleton Wax Figures Revealed at Madame Tussauds
On Wednesday, March 4, two set wax figures of Prince Williams and his wife Kate Middleton were unveiled at Madame Tussauds. The replicas of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were unveiled at the waxwork museums in New York City and London.
The museum in the Big Apple took inspiration from the royal couple's appearances at the BAFTA Brits to Watch event in Los Angeles last summer. Back then, Kate wore a lilac gown by Alexander McQueen, while the Prince looked sleek in a traditional tux.
The London museum, meanwhile, was influenced by the couple's looks at their engagement announcement. "We created the engagement scene, that press call when they both looked a little bit nervous but so happy," Louis Wiltshire, the sculptor of Kate's head, told the Telegraph.
The wax figure of Kate dons a blue Issa dress complete with a replica of her sapphire and diamond engagement ring that she wore at the press conference at St. James's Palace, while the Prince's likeness rocks a Gieves & Hawkes suit and Omega Seamaster watch.
There are two other versions of the replicas. Ones in Amsterdam mirror their outfits at "War Horse" premiere, and the others in Blackpool imitate their looks at ARK charity dinner. Kate wore Temperley black lace dress at the former event, and an embellished Jenny Packham dress at the latter occasion.
More Prince William News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story