Taylor Lautner to Try Comedic Role by Joining Adam Sandler's 'Grown Ups 2'
Taylor Lautner might turn into a funnyman in his next movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Twilight Saga" hunk is currently in talks to join "Grown Ups 2", which will bring back Adam Sandler as the male lead.
It was said that the "Abduction" actor is set to ditch his heartthrob persona by tackling a "fun" role in the sequel to the 2010 hit comedy. Sources revealed that the 20-year-old actor will go "toe-to-toe with Sandler."
In addition to Sandler, most of the original all-star cast members, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Maya Rudolph, Salma Hayek and Oliver Cooper, are all expected to return to the sequel. Dennis Dugan will also reprise his directorial duty.
"Grown Ups" revolved around childhood friends who reunite when they've grown up following the death of their high school basketball coach. Being made with a budget of around $70 million, the comedy grossed $162 million domestically and $271 million worldwide.
As for Lautner, the Michigan native has reportedly been seeking for high-end projects post-"Twilight". He was seen starring opposite Lily Collins in "Abduction", which unfortunately performed under expectation as it took in a mere $28 million domestically. The actor has been tapped in an indie pic to be directed by Gus Van Sant. He will next be seen in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", which opens wide in the U.S. on November 16.
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece