Peter Facinelli Opens Up About Divorcing Jennie Garth
It was Peter Facinelli's turn to talk about his shocking split from actress Jennie Garth. Although he's the one who filed for the divorce, the "Twilight" actor admitted that divorce is a hard thing and it's also painful.
While co-hosting with Kelly Ripa on "Live with Kelly!" on Wednesday, April 4 morning, Facinelli said, "I recently got divorced from my wife, which has been very painful," he told Ripa as one audience yelled "yay" while others went "aww". Ripa brought down the tension by telling the one audience, "That's so kind of you, you must be American."
Facinelli went on saying, "It's very painful to break up with somebody, especially after you've been together for 17 years and you have kids. It's even more painful when it's played out in the media, and I've tried to stay really quiet about it for the sake of my kids."
The actor, who married Garth in 2001, said he and ex-wife are "doing really well", adding "She'll always be in my life, and I love her, and we're just going to have a different relationship." The former couple has three girls, 14-year-old Luca, 9-year-old Lola and 5-year-old Fiona. "We're very dedicated to being great parents," he added.
To lighten up the mood, Facinelli joked about the night he spent with Ripa last month in NYC, "I blame ladies' night out. I woke up two weeks later in Mexico and then I got a divorce." Ripa chimed in, "That's when it all went wrong, I think."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory