Christina Aguilera Follows Her Heart in Saving Ashley on 'The Voice'
Christina Aguilera was one of the two judges who eliminated their proteges in the Tuesday, April 3 episode of "The Voice". After sending home Sera Hill and Moses Stone, the "Burlesque" star explained how she made such tough decisions.
"They're all such unique talents and it's like comparing apples and oranges. How do you really send someone home? I had to go with my heart," she told reporters after the first live elimination show in season 2. Though admitting she was nervous for the contestants that night, the former Mouseketeer tried to assure the rejects that sometimes in this business, "you're going to be let down."
On the reason why she decided to keep Ashley De La Rosa on the show, X-tina said, "I had to go with my gut. That was to go with Ashley." She further shared, "She really excited me when she hit that stage. She's really coming into her own and I just had to keep her around because I want to see where else that goes with her."
Ashley, Sera and Moses had a sing-off after Chris Mann, Lindsey Pavao and Jesse Campbell were saved by America's votes. Ashley performed "Paris (Ooh La La)", Sera sang "Vision of Love", while Moses belted out "Breakeven (Falling to Pieces)". Cee-Lo Green was in favor for Sera, but X-tina agreed with the other two judges who rooted for Ashley.
Also that night, Blake Shelton eliminated two of his own proteges, Naia Kete and Charlotte Sometimes, after the country music crooner decided to save Jordis Ungar, who got unanimous vote from the judges. Jermaine Paul, RaeLynn and Erin Willett, meanwhile, were declared safe earlier.
Next week, Adam Levine and Cee-Lo will have the remaining members of their teams battling it out to be the top 16 of "The Voice" season 2.
More The Voice News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs