Andrew Garfield on His 'Amazing Spider-Man' Suit: It Is Designed to Make You Irritated
While some people would do anything to portray Spider-Man in his iconic blue and red costume, "The Amazing Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield himself confessed that donning the skin-tight suit is not as nice as it may seem. The British actor even revealed that the Spidey attire is something that was very uncomfortable to wear.
"It's made of something that is designed to make you irritated," Garfield shared while appearing on the Tuesday, March 3 edition of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". He added, "I don't know what the material name is, but that's the description underneath."
Furthermore, the actor who dates his on-screen girlfriend Emma Stone in real life admitted that he actually wore nothing but his birth suit under the superhero getup. "It's just me," he claimed. As Ellen DeGeneres asked if he felt naked, the actor replied, "Yeah. It's the worst."
"One of the first nights we were out in location in downtown L.A. in a parking structure and I knew there were paparazzi taking terrible, unflattering shots of my, you know, everything," he continued. "Knowing that your keister is being shot from many different angles makes you very uncomfortable."
During the chat, Garfield also dished on how he bulked his body up for his role as the web-slinger. He opened up that he worked out "like a literal crazy person" to prepare himself for the role of a lifetime.
"It was a life change," he added. "I get frustrated with those Men's Health magazines. It's like, 'In five minutes you'll be as fit as fiddle if you just follow those three simple steps and only eat cucumbers.' This was hard work. I wouldn't be able to do it without someone."
Garfiled will portray Peter Parker a.k.a Spider-Man in the upcoming Marc Webb-directed superhero movie which is slated for a July 3 release in the U.S. In addition to Stone, he will be joined by Rhys Ifans, Sally Field, Martin Sheen and Denis Leary.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says