Adam Sandler Could Revive 'Summer School' Remake for Paramount
Adam Sandler might have just been dubbed as the Worst Actor at the 2012 Razzie Awards, but he is ready to move on with another comedy project. The Hollywood Reporter has broken the news that Sandler is in talks to revive Paramount Pictures' long-gestating remake of 1980s comedy, "Summer School".
Sandler and his partner Jack Giaraputo are negotiating with the studio to produce the planned remake through their Happy Madison banner. The "50 First Dates" actor, however, will not be on board to star in the project, which still hasn't tapped a director and a screenwriter.
"Summer School" was originally released in 1987 with Carl Reiner serving as the helmer. The comedy starred Mark Harmon as a gym teacher who is forced to cancel his summer plans to teach an English class filled with rebels.
Paramount has been developing the remake since 2005, but the project has been stuck in development detention. Before Sandler is in talks to serve as the producer, "The Smurfs" producer Jordan Kerner was initially on board to finance the remake.
Sandler recently stole the attention as he and his film "Jack and Jill" swept every single category at the 32nd Annual Razzie Awards on Sunday, April 1. Grabbing a record-breaking 10 awards, the comedy became the worst feature and performances of 2011. That was the first time in the history of the Golden Raspberry Foundation that a film swept all the 10 dishonorable awards.
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing