Adam Sandler Could Revive 'Summer School' Remake for Paramount
Adam Sandler might have just been dubbed as the Worst Actor at the 2012 Razzie Awards, but he is ready to move on with another comedy project. The Hollywood Reporter has broken the news that Sandler is in talks to revive Paramount Pictures' long-gestating remake of 1980s comedy, "Summer School".
Sandler and his partner Jack Giaraputo are negotiating with the studio to produce the planned remake through their Happy Madison banner. The "50 First Dates" actor, however, will not be on board to star in the project, which still hasn't tapped a director and a screenwriter.
"Summer School" was originally released in 1987 with Carl Reiner serving as the helmer. The comedy starred Mark Harmon as a gym teacher who is forced to cancel his summer plans to teach an English class filled with rebels.
Paramount has been developing the remake since 2005, but the project has been stuck in development detention. Before Sandler is in talks to serve as the producer, "The Smurfs" producer Jordan Kerner was initially on board to finance the remake.
Sandler recently stole the attention as he and his film "Jack and Jill" swept every single category at the 32nd Annual Razzie Awards on Sunday, April 1. Grabbing a record-breaking 10 awards, the comedy became the worst feature and performances of 2011. That was the first time in the history of the Golden Raspberry Foundation that a film swept all the 10 dishonorable awards.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'