Zac Efron Dishes How to Avoid Smelly Breath for 'The Lucky One' Love Scene
Zac Efron has shared some tips about how he made Taylor Schilling comfortable when filming a love scene with him for "The Lucky One". The 24-year-old actor opened up that he has a strict rule to avoid any kinds of smelly foods before locking lips with his co-star in front of the cameras.
"I chewed more gum that day than typical. A lot of mints and no onions," Zac told Access Hollywood. The former "High School Musical" star further confessed that he had the routine after receiving a complaint for having bad breath when shooting a kissing scene for one of his previous movies.
Of the bad experience, Zac said, "I had a kissing scene one time and I totally ate a tuna sandwich. And it was the first one we had to do and I got called out on it." He recalled, "It was so embarrassing and I have never done it again. And we were filming! It was on 'Summerland', ages ago."
Comforting her hunky co-star, Taylor chimed in, "You were still learning." She continued singing praises to the California-born actor, "Zac knows all the rules now. He was a class act, he knows what he is doing."
On how he felt for having to do the romantic scene with Taylor, Zac shared, "You can't take it too seriously. At the end of the day, the best thing to do is laugh all the way through it. It's hilarious."
"Making a love scene is pretty funny," the former boyfriend of Vanessa Hudgens said. "But at that point, we had been working together for months and we knew each other very very well. It was very natural and second nature." Taylor, meanwhile, added, "It was really comfortable. It wasn't awkward at all."
In "The Lucky One", Zac stars as U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault, who returns from his third tour of duty in Iraq, with the one thing he credits with keeping him alive - photograph he found of a woman he doesn't even know.
Learning her name is Beth and where she lives, Logan shows up at her door, and ends up taking a job at her family-run local kennel. Despite her initial mistrust and the complications in her life, romance develops between them, giving Logan hope that Beth could be much more than his good luck charm.
Directed by Scott Hicks, the romantic drama is slated for an April 20 release in the U.S. Joining Zac and Taylor in the cast ensemble are Blythe Danner, Adam LeFevre, Sharon Morris, Joe Chrest, Riley Thomas Stewart, Courtney J. Clark and Jillian Batherson.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen