First Look at Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz From 'Django Unchained' Set
A first on-set photo from Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" has unveiled a first look at Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz. The Oscar winner was caught on camera donning a sleek vest that he paired with a long-sleeved shirt and a bowtie as he hit the New Orleans set of the film. He was also spotted wearing a gun holster around his hip.
In the spaghetti western movie, Schultz is a German dentist-turned-bounty hunter who teams up with freed slave Django. Together, they try to find Django's wife Broomhilda, who is held captive by a sadistic plantation owner named Calvin Candie. Starring as the titular slave is Jamie Foxx, while Kerry Washington plays his wife. Leonardo DiCaprio, meanwhile, portrays the antagonistic Candie.
"Django Unchained" is also supported by a set of notable actors, including Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Sacha Baron Cohen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, RZA and many more. Tarantino provides the script for this slavery-era movie in addition to directing it. Despite its genre, the film will be released in the U.S. just in time for Christmas holiday on December 25.
More Django Unchained News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding