ACM's Winner Scotty McCreery to Attend North Carolina State University
Scotty McCreery's star has started to shine brighter in the country music world, but it doesn't make him put aside his education. The season 10 winner of "American Idol" revealed recently that he's going to college in the fall, confirming to CMT Radio that he will be attending North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
During the chat, the 18-year-old suggested that after two years, he might transfer to a school in Nashville. In a separate interview with PEOPLE, he said, "I grew up rooting for NC State, and that's where my dad went. But also, there are schools in Nashville that have been really great - and that's Music City so we'll see."
On how he will juggle school and music, McCreery told the magazine, "We're gonna work classes around [and] head out on the weekends on the road or something. We're gonna work it out." As for his major, he said he won't be studying music. "I think marketing would be a cool way of learning how to stay out there and stay current," he added. "And study other things!"
The country crooner, who had part-time opened for Brad Paisley along with The Band Perry, has just won the title of New Artist of the Year at the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards. After taking home the kudo, he tweeted, "a HUGE thanks to the fans!!! Wow! Yall always have my back and i love you for it! See ya on the road!"
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame