Ashton Kutcher Officially Cast as Steve Jobs in Indie Biopic
Ashton Kutcher has just secured a prestigious role for his next movie. The 34-year-old actor has been tapped to play none other than the late Apple founder, Steve Jobs, in an upcoming biopic called "Jobs".
Variety first broke the news that the former "That '70s Show" actor has officially been attached to the indie movie, which has Joshua Michael Stern serving as the director. The script, meanwhile, is written by Matt Whiteley.
Being scheduled to begin filming in May, "Jobs" centers on the titular figure's life from when he was a wayward hippie from Northern California until he became the co-founder of Apple. The biopic will be produced by Mark Hulme through his Five Star Institute's banner.
"Jobs" is not the only Steve Jobs biopic which is currently in the works. Sony Pictures has also been developing an untitled Steve Jobs biopic, which will be based on an authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The rival project still hasn't tapped its lead actor as well as screenwriter and helmer.
Kutcher was last seen starring in Garry Marshall's star-studded romantic comedy, "New Year's Eve". Though he is famously known for his stints in comedy films, the Iowa-born actor also earned strong notices for his performances in such dramas as "Spread", "The Butterfly Effect" and "Bobby".
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash