Ashton Kutcher Officially Cast as Steve Jobs in Indie Biopic
Ashton Kutcher has just secured a prestigious role for his next movie. The 34-year-old actor has been tapped to play none other than the late Apple founder, Steve Jobs, in an upcoming biopic called "Jobs".
Variety first broke the news that the former "That '70s Show" actor has officially been attached to the indie movie, which has Joshua Michael Stern serving as the director. The script, meanwhile, is written by Matt Whiteley.
Being scheduled to begin filming in May, "Jobs" centers on the titular figure's life from when he was a wayward hippie from Northern California until he became the co-founder of Apple. The biopic will be produced by Mark Hulme through his Five Star Institute's banner.
"Jobs" is not the only Steve Jobs biopic which is currently in the works. Sony Pictures has also been developing an untitled Steve Jobs biopic, which will be based on an authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The rival project still hasn't tapped its lead actor as well as screenwriter and helmer.
Kutcher was last seen starring in Garry Marshall's star-studded romantic comedy, "New Year's Eve". Though he is famously known for his stints in comedy films, the Iowa-born actor also earned strong notices for his performances in such dramas as "Spread", "The Butterfly Effect" and "Bobby".
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'