Ashton Kutcher Officially Cast as Steve Jobs in Indie Biopic
Ashton Kutcher has just secured a prestigious role for his next movie. The 34-year-old actor has been tapped to play none other than the late Apple founder, Steve Jobs, in an upcoming biopic called "Jobs".
Variety first broke the news that the former "That '70s Show" actor has officially been attached to the indie movie, which has Joshua Michael Stern serving as the director. The script, meanwhile, is written by Matt Whiteley.
Being scheduled to begin filming in May, "Jobs" centers on the titular figure's life from when he was a wayward hippie from Northern California until he became the co-founder of Apple. The biopic will be produced by Mark Hulme through his Five Star Institute's banner.
"Jobs" is not the only Steve Jobs biopic which is currently in the works. Sony Pictures has also been developing an untitled Steve Jobs biopic, which will be based on an authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The rival project still hasn't tapped its lead actor as well as screenwriter and helmer.
Kutcher was last seen starring in Garry Marshall's star-studded romantic comedy, "New Year's Eve". Though he is famously known for his stints in comedy films, the Iowa-born actor also earned strong notices for his performances in such dramas as "Spread", "The Butterfly Effect" and "Bobby".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent