ACM Awards 2012: Carrie Underwood Shows Some Leg, Taylor Swift Stuns in White
The biggest names in country music have flooded Las Vegas for the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. On Sunday, April 1, the likes of Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift were among the beauties spotted looking radiant as they hit the red carpet rolled outside the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
29-year-old Underwood stole the spotlight in her high-slit dress, a strapless ivory frock with silver details from Abed Mahfouz. Though without the company of husband Mike Fisher, the Female Vocalist of the Year nominee's evidently excited about her opening performance as tweeting, "Today is the big day! Our 'Good Girl' performance is going to be hot hot hot! Wish me luck tonight! #ACM's."
22-year-old Swift also looked lovely in white. The country crooner, who is vying for Entertainer of the Year, went with a more conservative look by wearing a floor-length cutout dress by J Mendel and accessorized with Christian Louboutin shoes and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. She also went dateless since New Jersey teen Kevin Maguire was unable to make it due to his cancer.
"Just talked to Kevin McGuire. He's not well enough to join me at the ACMs. Please keep him in your thoughts. I'll make it up to you, Kevin!" tweeted Swift before hitting the red carpet. Earlier, McGuire's sister Victoria wrote on his Facebook page, "I am so sorry to announce this devastating news, but Kevin was admitted to the hospital last night, and is unable to attend the Academy of Country Music Awards with Taylor Swift."
Underwood and Swift weren't the only beauties spotted on the red carpet. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland, Sara Evans and Miranda Lambert also arrived in style. Nettles wore a custom Max Azria dress, which color she described as "watermelon Jolly Rancher", while Evans struck an Angelina Jolie-pose in her high-slit pink dress, and Lambert went with a gold number.
Lambert, in particular, came to the event accompanied by her country singer husband Blake Shelton. They weren't the only high profile couple seen. LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian as well as Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban also shared some couple moments on the red carpet.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics