Taylor Swift's Cancer-Stricken Fan Unable to Attend ACM Awards With Her
Taylor Swift was supposed to get the spotlight at Academy of Country Music Awards as one of the biggest nominees and the one who takes a cancer-stricken fan for a date. But the hospitalization of Kevin McGuire has forced Swift to go the Sunday, April 1 event alone.
The New Jersey teen is fighting leukemia but reason of his hospitalization on late Friday was not disclosed. His sister Victoria, who started the Facebook campaign to hook up Kevin and the singer, updated the page, "I am so sorry to announce this devastating news, but Kevin was admitted to the hospital last night, and is unable to attend the Academy of Country Music Awards with Taylor Swift."
She continued writing, "We appreciate everything you have done for us, and we know you are all hurt from this too. ... Please continue to pray for Kevin and his health, because that is the most important thing. As for Taylor, she is just as depressed as all of us to miss out on this date, and we are so thankful for the opportunity she has given us."
Taylor herself took the devastating news to Twitter, writing, "Just talked to Kevin McGuire. He's not well enough to join me at the ACMs. Please keep him in your thoughts. I'll make it up to you, Kevin!" Taylor was first invited to Kevin's senior prom in February but she could not make it. Then the Grammy-winning singer suggested the idea of Kevin coming with her to ACM Awards which is held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
More Taylor Swift News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake