'American Idol' Season 8's Bikini Girl Tried to Flee Before DUI Arrest
Bikini girl Katrina Darrell has put herself in the spotlight once again, but it is still for the wrong reasons. The 24-year-old, who gets her moniker for wearing only two-piece bikini when auditioning for season 8 of "American Idol" in 2009, was arrested in Los Angeles at 12:16 A.M. on Friday, March 30 for driving under the influence, Pomona PD Sgt. Patrick O'Malley told TMZ.
Darrell was reportedly driving her mother to the hospital when she allegedly ran a red light and crashed her 2004 Toyota Camry into another vehicle. It was said that she tried to flee the scene, but was pulled over by a nearby officer. When the cop smelled alcohol, he gave the aspiring singer a field sobriety test, which she failed.
Darrell, who is said to be was crying hysterically at time of arrest, was en route to the hospital because her mom, who sat in the passenger seat, had injured herself when falling down at home. TMZ noted that her mother was taken to the hospital on an ambulance when the aspiring singer was arrested, but her condition is unknown.
At the police station where she was taken, Darrell blew 0.15 and 0.17 on breathalyzer tests, twice the legal limit in California. The model, who had clashes with then-"Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, was cited and released just after 6 A.M. Though so, she could also face hit and run charges for trying to flee the scene of the accident.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?