'American Idol' Season 8's Bikini Girl Tried to Flee Before DUI Arrest
Bikini girl Katrina Darrell has put herself in the spotlight once again, but it is still for the wrong reasons. The 24-year-old, who gets her moniker for wearing only two-piece bikini when auditioning for season 8 of "American Idol" in 2009, was arrested in Los Angeles at 12:16 A.M. on Friday, March 30 for driving under the influence, Pomona PD Sgt. Patrick O'Malley told TMZ.
Darrell was reportedly driving her mother to the hospital when she allegedly ran a red light and crashed her 2004 Toyota Camry into another vehicle. It was said that she tried to flee the scene, but was pulled over by a nearby officer. When the cop smelled alcohol, he gave the aspiring singer a field sobriety test, which she failed.
Darrell, who is said to be was crying hysterically at time of arrest, was en route to the hospital because her mom, who sat in the passenger seat, had injured herself when falling down at home. TMZ noted that her mother was taken to the hospital on an ambulance when the aspiring singer was arrested, but her condition is unknown.
At the police station where she was taken, Darrell blew 0.15 and 0.17 on breathalyzer tests, twice the legal limit in California. The model, who had clashes with then-"Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, was cited and released just after 6 A.M. Though so, she could also face hit and run charges for trying to flee the scene of the accident.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off