'American Idol' Season 8's Bikini Girl Tried to Flee Before DUI Arrest
Bikini girl Katrina Darrell has put herself in the spotlight once again, but it is still for the wrong reasons. The 24-year-old, who gets her moniker for wearing only two-piece bikini when auditioning for season 8 of "American Idol" in 2009, was arrested in Los Angeles at 12:16 A.M. on Friday, March 30 for driving under the influence, Pomona PD Sgt. Patrick O'Malley told TMZ.
Darrell was reportedly driving her mother to the hospital when she allegedly ran a red light and crashed her 2004 Toyota Camry into another vehicle. It was said that she tried to flee the scene, but was pulled over by a nearby officer. When the cop smelled alcohol, he gave the aspiring singer a field sobriety test, which she failed.
Darrell, who is said to be was crying hysterically at time of arrest, was en route to the hospital because her mom, who sat in the passenger seat, had injured herself when falling down at home. TMZ noted that her mother was taken to the hospital on an ambulance when the aspiring singer was arrested, but her condition is unknown.
At the police station where she was taken, Darrell blew 0.15 and 0.17 on breathalyzer tests, twice the legal limit in California. The model, who had clashes with then-"Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, was cited and released just after 6 A.M. Though so, she could also face hit and run charges for trying to flee the scene of the accident.
More American Idol News
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?