'Community' Directors Could Helm 'Captain America' Sequel
"Captain America: The First Avenger" sequel might be close to find its director. Rumor has it, the search for a helmer of the upcoming superhero film is already narrowing as there are several filmmakers who are currently mentioned as the possible candidates. Vulture has learned that among those who were included on the list are director duo Anthony and Joseph Russo, who helm "Community".
Of why the Russo brothers are included in the mix, an insider close to the project said, "Kevin [Feige, Marvel Studio's president of production] is a 'vibe guy'. He likes to see if he gets along with people before he'll decide about spending the next two years with them. And apparently, they hit it off when Kevin in the room."
The duo were famously known for their works in TV filed. Should they land the untitled Captain America sequel gig, this would not be their feature debut since they had previously worked on such comedy films as 2006's "You, Me and Dupree" and 2002's "Welcome to Collinwood".
In addition to the Emmy-winning director brothers, it is reported that "The Adjustment Bureau" director George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray also emerged as the candidates. Those directors are shortlisted from Marvel Studios' top ten wishlist of directors who will serve behind the lens for the untitled sequel.
It was said that additional meetings with all the three candidates are being scheduled for early April. The decision, meanwhile, is expected to be made as early as mid-April. While the "Captain America" sequel still hasn't tapped its helmer, it has already picked Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely as the screenwriters.
Back in June last year, McFeely unveiled some plot details of "Captain America 2". He said, "The story will likely be in the present day. We're experimenting with flashback elements for more period World War II stuff. I can't say much more than that but we made it baggy enough to refer to more stories in the past."
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly