Oprah Winfrey Wants to Interview Trayvon Martin's Murderer, George Zimmerman
George Zimmerman is on the top of Oprah Winfrey's current list of people she would like to interview. A month after a shooting that claimed the life of Trayvon Martin, the host of "Oprah's Next Chapter" expressed her interest to have a sitdown with the man behind the tragic incident.
"Mr. Zimmerman... I would love to talk to him," the former daytime talk-show queen stated in an interview with Extra. She further shared her thought on the incident, "It is a tragedy and it is a shame that we're sitting here 33 days later and there hasn't been an arrest, or questioning of what actually happened. It's a tragedy and it is a shame and we all know it."
On people's reactions that she read on Twitter, the 58-year-old commented, "I saw some people on Twitter saying nothing has changed, the same thing's going on. Lots has changed and you know why? Because black people, white people, brown, yellow people all over this country and all over the world are saying the same thing... It's a tragedy and it's a shame and justice needs to be served."
Martin was shot to death on February 26 in Sanford, Florida by Zimmerman, a community watch coordinator, while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman claimed he noticed suspicious behavior from the teenage boy and there was a physical altercation which ended with the 28-year-old man shooting unarmed Martin.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!