Oprah Winfrey Wants to Interview Trayvon Martin's Murderer, George Zimmerman
George Zimmerman is on the top of Oprah Winfrey's current list of people she would like to interview. A month after a shooting that claimed the life of Trayvon Martin, the host of "Oprah's Next Chapter" expressed her interest to have a sitdown with the man behind the tragic incident.
"Mr. Zimmerman... I would love to talk to him," the former daytime talk-show queen stated in an interview with Extra. She further shared her thought on the incident, "It is a tragedy and it is a shame that we're sitting here 33 days later and there hasn't been an arrest, or questioning of what actually happened. It's a tragedy and it is a shame and we all know it."
On people's reactions that she read on Twitter, the 58-year-old commented, "I saw some people on Twitter saying nothing has changed, the same thing's going on. Lots has changed and you know why? Because black people, white people, brown, yellow people all over this country and all over the world are saying the same thing... It's a tragedy and it's a shame and justice needs to be served."
Martin was shot to death on February 26 in Sanford, Florida by Zimmerman, a community watch coordinator, while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman claimed he noticed suspicious behavior from the teenage boy and there was a physical altercation which ended with the 28-year-old man shooting unarmed Martin.
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Continue Their Love Affair With a Trip to Mall