New 'Game of Thrones' Sneak Peeks Highlight Fresh Faces and Places in Season 2
HBO lets people know better about the new characters and places in "Game of Thrones" season 2 by releasing other sneak peeks ahead of its premiere. In one of the newly debuted videos, the medieval series' cast and producers share their thoughts on Stannis Baratheon, Melisandre, Margaery Tyrell, Qhorin Halfhand and Balon Greyjoy.
"[He] feels like he never received the proper credit for the things he's done in his brother's service," executive producer/writer D.B. Weiss explains about Stannis, Robert Baratheon's middle brother. "Now his brother's gone, so Stannis has decided that this is the time to take the Iron Throne."
Being married to Renly Baratheon, Margaery has a genuine faith and belief that their political marriage is the best for the Seven Kingdoms, so Natalie Dormer describes her character. Greyjoy, meanwhile, lives in a castle called Pyke, which is located in a remote island. The place is also discussed in the other video.
Other sets which get the highlights are Craster's Keep, Harrenhal, Dragonstone and Qarth. While Jon Snow heads to Craster's Keep along with the Night's Watch, his sister Arya stops by Harrenhal, a kind of haunted castle which was built to be the greatest castle in Westeros, but was turned into a ruin by a dragon fire.
"Game of Thrones" season 2 will kick off Sunday, April 1 at 9 P.M. ET on HBO.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'