New 'Game of Thrones' Sneak Peeks Highlight Fresh Faces and Places in Season 2
HBO lets people know better about the new characters and places in "Game of Thrones" season 2 by releasing other sneak peeks ahead of its premiere. In one of the newly debuted videos, the medieval series' cast and producers share their thoughts on Stannis Baratheon, Melisandre, Margaery Tyrell, Qhorin Halfhand and Balon Greyjoy.
"[He] feels like he never received the proper credit for the things he's done in his brother's service," executive producer/writer D.B. Weiss explains about Stannis, Robert Baratheon's middle brother. "Now his brother's gone, so Stannis has decided that this is the time to take the Iron Throne."
Being married to Renly Baratheon, Margaery has a genuine faith and belief that their political marriage is the best for the Seven Kingdoms, so Natalie Dormer describes her character. Greyjoy, meanwhile, lives in a castle called Pyke, which is located in a remote island. The place is also discussed in the other video.
Other sets which get the highlights are Craster's Keep, Harrenhal, Dragonstone and Qarth. While Jon Snow heads to Craster's Keep along with the Night's Watch, his sister Arya stops by Harrenhal, a kind of haunted castle which was built to be the greatest castle in Westeros, but was turned into a ruin by a dragon fire.
"Game of Thrones" season 2 will kick off Sunday, April 1 at 9 P.M. ET on HBO.
More Game of Thrones News
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'