Ryan Seacrest Explains About Recent Elbow Surgery
Ryan Seacrest has gone under the knife to repair a torn tendon in his elbow. The 37-year-old TV personality underwent the minor procedure on Wednesday, March 28 after filming the performance show of "American Idol", and explained about it during his KISS FM radio show the next morning.
"I had a probe stuck into my right elbow," said the boyfriend of Julianne Hough. "I'm not [a robot] ... [but] they went in with a tiny little probe and they scraped some scar tissue from the tendon, cause I tore the tendon from working out." Although he was awake throughout the procedure, he admitted, "I couldn't look. But [I could feel] the pressure."
The TV host, who gives voice to Butter Pants' father in "Shrek Forever After", also noted that the surgery took longer than he anticipated. "I didn't calculate suturing into my schedule," he confessed. "I thought it was an in-and-out, 12-minute procedure." Still, he did note that "it was very easy and practically noninvasive."
Despite his claim that he's "not a great patient," Seacrest still managed to joke about the procedure. "I can't have any more joint problems," he gushed. "Because I have no more alliteration!" Also on Thursday, he took to Twitter to post an Instagram photo of his elbow after the surgery, writing in its caption, "funny bone not so funny today."
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns