Ben Affleck to Be Scandalous Politician in 'Nathan Decker'
Ben Affleck is set to star in another political movie following his stint in "Argo". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 39-year-old actor/filmmaker has been tapped to star in Warner Bros. Pictures' political comedy film called "Nathan Decker".
The husband of actress Jennifer Garner is expected to tackle the lead role of a politician who is caught in an affair before returning to his hometown to forget his past. The "Daredevil" star will not sign on to direct the film because he's currently busy with the post-production stage of "Argo".
Before Affleck was chosen as the leading man for "Nathan Decker", Tom Cruise was once mentioned as a possible lead actor. Nonetheless, no deal has ever been sealed with the "Risky Business" actor. After picking up the script from scribe Dan Fogelman, Warners is currently looking for a director to helm the project.
Affleck was last seen starring in 2010's "The Town", which he also directed and wrote. His upcoming directorial stint include "The Stand", a big-budgeted adaptation of Stephen King's novel. He has also been attached to an untitled Terrence Malick project, which is said to be a romantic drama which also stars Javier Bardem, Rachel Weisz and Rachel McAdams.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?