David Archuleta Offers Last Video Blog Before Starting 2-Year Mormon Mission
David Archuleta is getting closer to starting a new chapter in his life as a Mormon missionary. Before stepping out of the spotlight and embarking on the two-year mission, the "Something 'Bout Love" singer made sure he left something behind for all of his fans as he posted a farewell video blog on his YouTube account.
"It's been a very emotional last week," the 21-year-old admitted in the beginning of the video. "I was able to have a lot of family and a lot of friends come. I gave my farewell, kind of last talk this Sunday to my neighbors, my friends and my family...It's a decision everyone knows about but it's a very personal thing and I wanted to keep it that way."
The season 7 runner-up of "American Idol" continued on how the preparation went. "I've been trying my best to get ready, and prepared. You're moving away for two years, so it's quite the task," he shared before saying that he's going to miss talking to his fans and sharing "weird, random things that I'm doing or thinking about."
In the video posted on Wednesday, March 28, Archuleta thanked his fans for all the supports they gave him the past 4 years. The "Crush" singer explained, "I'm trying to focus on something else there, not my career. I'm going to be trying my best to focus on the people over there, and more one-on-one experiences."
The singer, who announced his call to serve at the Salt Lake City stop of his My Kind of Christmas Tour, added that he's doing it to be able to have more "one-on-one time with my Heavenly Father." After saying that he hopes that his fans will enjoy the new music that will be coming out, he closes the video by saying, "I will see you all in two years. God bless. Take care."
Archuleta will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at an undisclosed country in South America. It is reported that he entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on Wednesday as a precursor to the missionary mission.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'