David Archuleta Offers Last Video Blog Before Starting 2-Year Mormon Mission
David Archuleta is getting closer to starting a new chapter in his life as a Mormon missionary. Before stepping out of the spotlight and embarking on the two-year mission, the "Something 'Bout Love" singer made sure he left something behind for all of his fans as he posted a farewell video blog on his YouTube account.
"It's been a very emotional last week," the 21-year-old admitted in the beginning of the video. "I was able to have a lot of family and a lot of friends come. I gave my farewell, kind of last talk this Sunday to my neighbors, my friends and my family...It's a decision everyone knows about but it's a very personal thing and I wanted to keep it that way."
The season 7 runner-up of "American Idol" continued on how the preparation went. "I've been trying my best to get ready, and prepared. You're moving away for two years, so it's quite the task," he shared before saying that he's going to miss talking to his fans and sharing "weird, random things that I'm doing or thinking about."
In the video posted on Wednesday, March 28, Archuleta thanked his fans for all the supports they gave him the past 4 years. The "Crush" singer explained, "I'm trying to focus on something else there, not my career. I'm going to be trying my best to focus on the people over there, and more one-on-one experiences."
The singer, who announced his call to serve at the Salt Lake City stop of his My Kind of Christmas Tour, added that he's doing it to be able to have more "one-on-one time with my Heavenly Father." After saying that he hopes that his fans will enjoy the new music that will be coming out, he closes the video by saying, "I will see you all in two years. God bless. Take care."
Archuleta will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at an undisclosed country in South America. It is reported that he entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on Wednesday as a precursor to the missionary mission.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March