Bobby Brown Slapped With Three Misdemeanor Charges Following DUI Arrest
Despite his claims of innocence, Bobby Brown is facing 3 misdemeanor charges stemming from his March 26 arrest. On Wednesday, March 28, the former husband of Whitney Houston was charged on the count of driving under the influence, driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08% and driving on a suspended license.
43-year-old Brown could be sentenced to a maximum of one year in county jail if convicted on all charges since each offense carries a maximum penalty of up to 6 months behind bars. He could also be fined $1000 per offense. The founding member of New Edition is set to appear in court for the case on April 16.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles on Monday. He was initially pulled over by the police at the corner of Victory and Wilbur in San Fernando Valley for talking on his cell phone. When he showed signs of intoxication, the arresting officer gave him a sobriety test, which he failed. While it was previously reported that he was released on $5000 bail, the singer got out of jail without having to post bail.
Before Brown was slapped with the multiple charges, his lawyer Tiffany Feder told PEOPLE, "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and Mr. Brown was not driving erratically. He was speaking on his cell phone." She continued, "Mr. Brown has not been convicted of anything associated with this incident. Mr. Brown is taking this matter seriously and an investigation is underway. The legal process shall run its course."
More Bobby Brown News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy