Bobby Brown Slapped With Three Misdemeanor Charges Following DUI Arrest
Despite his claims of innocence, Bobby Brown is facing 3 misdemeanor charges stemming from his March 26 arrest. On Wednesday, March 28, the former husband of Whitney Houston was charged on the count of driving under the influence, driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08% and driving on a suspended license.
43-year-old Brown could be sentenced to a maximum of one year in county jail if convicted on all charges since each offense carries a maximum penalty of up to 6 months behind bars. He could also be fined $1000 per offense. The founding member of New Edition is set to appear in court for the case on April 16.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles on Monday. He was initially pulled over by the police at the corner of Victory and Wilbur in San Fernando Valley for talking on his cell phone. When he showed signs of intoxication, the arresting officer gave him a sobriety test, which he failed. While it was previously reported that he was released on $5000 bail, the singer got out of jail without having to post bail.
Before Brown was slapped with the multiple charges, his lawyer Tiffany Feder told PEOPLE, "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and Mr. Brown was not driving erratically. He was speaking on his cell phone." She continued, "Mr. Brown has not been convicted of anything associated with this incident. Mr. Brown is taking this matter seriously and an investigation is underway. The legal process shall run its course."
More Bobby Brown News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'