'The Avengers' Set to Close 11th Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival this year will end on a high note. Announced on Wednesday, March 28 was the closing film which lands to Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". The event officially becomes the New York premiere.
Per the press release, local heroes would be invited as guests to the April 28 screening. The organizers will make use of this event to "celebrate everyday heroes from police agencies, fire departments, first responders and various branches of the U.S. military."
"The Avengers", starring Robert Downey Jr., among others, will open in theaters May 4. It is scheduled to premiere in Los Angeles on April 11.
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival will be opened on April 18 with comedy "The Five-Year Engagement". Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and Judd Apatow will take part in a tribute panel to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Universal Pictures on the festival's second day.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked