'The Avengers' Set to Close 11th Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival this year will end on a high note. Announced on Wednesday, March 28 was the closing film which lands to Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". The event officially becomes the New York premiere.
Per the press release, local heroes would be invited as guests to the April 28 screening. The organizers will make use of this event to "celebrate everyday heroes from police agencies, fire departments, first responders and various branches of the U.S. military."
"The Avengers", starring Robert Downey Jr., among others, will open in theaters May 4. It is scheduled to premiere in Los Angeles on April 11.
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival will be opened on April 18 with comedy "The Five-Year Engagement". Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and Judd Apatow will take part in a tribute panel to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Universal Pictures on the festival's second day.
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian