'The Avengers' Set to Close 11th Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival this year will end on a high note. Announced on Wednesday, March 28 was the closing film which lands to Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". The event officially becomes the New York premiere.
Per the press release, local heroes would be invited as guests to the April 28 screening. The organizers will make use of this event to "celebrate everyday heroes from police agencies, fire departments, first responders and various branches of the U.S. military."
"The Avengers", starring Robert Downey Jr., among others, will open in theaters May 4. It is scheduled to premiere in Los Angeles on April 11.
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival will be opened on April 18 with comedy "The Five-Year Engagement". Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and Judd Apatow will take part in a tribute panel to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Universal Pictures on the festival's second day.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered