'The Avengers' Set to Close 11th Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival this year will end on a high note. Announced on Wednesday, March 28 was the closing film which lands to Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". The event officially becomes the New York premiere.
Per the press release, local heroes would be invited as guests to the April 28 screening. The organizers will make use of this event to "celebrate everyday heroes from police agencies, fire departments, first responders and various branches of the U.S. military."
"The Avengers", starring Robert Downey Jr., among others, will open in theaters May 4. It is scheduled to premiere in Los Angeles on April 11.
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival will be opened on April 18 with comedy "The Five-Year Engagement". Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and Judd Apatow will take part in a tribute panel to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Universal Pictures on the festival's second day.
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'