'The Avengers' Set to Close 11th Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film Festival this year will end on a high note. Announced on Wednesday, March 28 was the closing film which lands to Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". The event officially becomes the New York premiere.
Per the press release, local heroes would be invited as guests to the April 28 screening. The organizers will make use of this event to "celebrate everyday heroes from police agencies, fire departments, first responders and various branches of the U.S. military."
"The Avengers", starring Robert Downey Jr., among others, will open in theaters May 4. It is scheduled to premiere in Los Angeles on April 11.
The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival will be opened on April 18 with comedy "The Five-Year Engagement". Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and Judd Apatow will take part in a tribute panel to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Universal Pictures on the festival's second day.
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'