Mitt Romney Jokes He Plans to Pick David Letterman as His Vice President
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has brought laughter to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". On Tuesday, March 27, the 65-year-old politician sat down with host Jay Leno, and joked that he would pick Leno's late night competitor, David Letterman, as his Vice Presidential running mate.
The joke came after Leno expressed his disbelief that Romney hasn't made a list for his vice presidential choices. "It's never come up? I'm not even running and I discuss it with my wife," said the host, leading the former Massachusetts Governor to say, "I'll tell you what. I can do you a favor with this. I'll choose David Letterman. We can help us both out."
During the chat, Leno also challenged Romney to a friendly game of word association, asking him to come out with one word to describe several prominent Republicans. Having called New Jersey governor Chris Christie "indomitable" and business magnate Donald Trump "huge", the politician pegged his main GOP rival, Rick Santorum, as "press secretary".
Of Santorum, Romney further said that his fellow presidential candidate "is a good guy, he's running a good campaign." He added, "We have some differences in background and differences on some issues, but basically a good guy and, you know, I'm happy with him saying he'd like to be part of an administration with me, nothing wrong with that, if he's the VP that's better. I'd rather be the president let him be the vice president."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic