'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Record Deal With Columbia Records
Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical "Smash", has found a home to release a studio album. The Broadway actress signed a deal with Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The company has housed classical music releases from the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth. "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee, who is also Hilty's co-star on the TV series, has been signed to the label as well.
Hilty is currently working on demos for her album, which is yet to get a release date. Also, she's occupied with "Smash", which just got renewed for another season. In the next outing, her character would once again find herself in competition against Karen (McPhee), this time for an orange juice commercial.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special