'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Record Deal With Columbia Records
Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical "Smash", has found a home to release a studio album. The Broadway actress signed a deal with Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The company has housed classical music releases from the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth. "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee, who is also Hilty's co-star on the TV series, has been signed to the label as well.
Hilty is currently working on demos for her album, which is yet to get a release date. Also, she's occupied with "Smash", which just got renewed for another season. In the next outing, her character would once again find herself in competition against Karen (McPhee), this time for an orange juice commercial.
More Megan Hilty News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune