'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Record Deal With Columbia Records
Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical "Smash", has found a home to release a studio album. The Broadway actress signed a deal with Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The company has housed classical music releases from the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth. "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee, who is also Hilty's co-star on the TV series, has been signed to the label as well.
Hilty is currently working on demos for her album, which is yet to get a release date. Also, she's occupied with "Smash", which just got renewed for another season. In the next outing, her character would once again find herself in competition against Karen (McPhee), this time for an orange juice commercial.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch