'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Record Deal With Columbia Records
Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical "Smash", has found a home to release a studio album. The Broadway actress signed a deal with Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The company has housed classical music releases from the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth. "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee, who is also Hilty's co-star on the TV series, has been signed to the label as well.
Hilty is currently working on demos for her album, which is yet to get a release date. Also, she's occupied with "Smash", which just got renewed for another season. In the next outing, her character would once again find herself in competition against Karen (McPhee), this time for an orange juice commercial.
More Megan Hilty News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist