'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Record Deal With Columbia Records
Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy Lynn on NBC's musical "Smash", has found a home to release a studio album. The Broadway actress signed a deal with Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The company has housed classical music releases from the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth. "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee, who is also Hilty's co-star on the TV series, has been signed to the label as well.
Hilty is currently working on demos for her album, which is yet to get a release date. Also, she's occupied with "Smash", which just got renewed for another season. In the next outing, her character would once again find herself in competition against Karen (McPhee), this time for an orange juice commercial.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour