Video: 'Downton Abbey' Spoof Sees the Crawleys Looking for Heir to Fast Food Chain
An aristocrat family is looking for an heir to a fast food chain in a new spoof to "Downton Abbey". Released by Yahoo! Screen's comedy channel, the parody titled "Downton Arby's" centers on the Crawleys who deal with the same situations as the characters on the British show, except that it replaces the backdrop of the Downton Abbey estate with an Arby's.
Richard Kind steps in the shoes of Lord Grantham, who asks a customer if he'll take Lady Mary's hand, only to get disappointed to learn that the customer just wants more horsey sauce. A forbidden love also grows between one of Crawley's daughters, Lady Sybil, and an employee at the restaurant, providing a look at a scandal with the background of frying machine.
In addition to "Luck" actor Kind, "Downton Arby's" features "Veep" star Matt Walsh and other comedians namely Erin Gibson and Jennie Pierson. It's directed by Chris VanArtsdalen and Jeff Dutton, with Josh Weiner serving as the writer and the producer.
"Downton Abbey" will begin filming the third season this spring for a scheduled 2013 premiere in the United States.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper