Video: 'Downton Abbey' Spoof Sees the Crawleys Looking for Heir to Fast Food Chain
An aristocrat family is looking for an heir to a fast food chain in a new spoof to "Downton Abbey". Released by Yahoo! Screen's comedy channel, the parody titled "Downton Arby's" centers on the Crawleys who deal with the same situations as the characters on the British show, except that it replaces the backdrop of the Downton Abbey estate with an Arby's.
Richard Kind steps in the shoes of Lord Grantham, who asks a customer if he'll take Lady Mary's hand, only to get disappointed to learn that the customer just wants more horsey sauce. A forbidden love also grows between one of Crawley's daughters, Lady Sybil, and an employee at the restaurant, providing a look at a scandal with the background of frying machine.
In addition to "Luck" actor Kind, "Downton Arby's" features "Veep" star Matt Walsh and other comedians namely Erin Gibson and Jennie Pierson. It's directed by Chris VanArtsdalen and Jeff Dutton, with Josh Weiner serving as the writer and the producer.
"Downton Abbey" will begin filming the third season this spring for a scheduled 2013 premiere in the United States.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal