Video: 'Downton Abbey' Spoof Sees the Crawleys Looking for Heir to Fast Food Chain
An aristocrat family is looking for an heir to a fast food chain in a new spoof to "Downton Abbey". Released by Yahoo! Screen's comedy channel, the parody titled "Downton Arby's" centers on the Crawleys who deal with the same situations as the characters on the British show, except that it replaces the backdrop of the Downton Abbey estate with an Arby's.
Richard Kind steps in the shoes of Lord Grantham, who asks a customer if he'll take Lady Mary's hand, only to get disappointed to learn that the customer just wants more horsey sauce. A forbidden love also grows between one of Crawley's daughters, Lady Sybil, and an employee at the restaurant, providing a look at a scandal with the background of frying machine.
In addition to "Luck" actor Kind, "Downton Arby's" features "Veep" star Matt Walsh and other comedians namely Erin Gibson and Jennie Pierson. It's directed by Chris VanArtsdalen and Jeff Dutton, with Josh Weiner serving as the writer and the producer.
"Downton Abbey" will begin filming the third season this spring for a scheduled 2013 premiere in the United States.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'