Chloe Moretz Officially Offered to Lead 'Carrie' Remake
Chloe Moretz is one step closer to star in a remake of Stephen King's 1974 seminal horror novel, "Carrie". According to Deadline, the 15-year-old actress has officially been offered to tackle the titular lead role, which was originally made famous by Sissy Spacek in Brian DePalma's 1976 iconic movie.
Moretz is expected to star as a shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a bigoted mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night.
Expressing her excitement of being offered to play the iconic character, Moretz took to her Twitter, "Thank you Kim Pierce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime!" Before Moretz entered the negotiations, it was said that Dakota Fanning and Haley Bennett were also considered for the part.
The remake project is currently still looking for a right actress to play Carrie's mother. It was rumored that Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore had been approached for the part. In the original version, the nightmarish mother is portrayed by Piper Laurie, who received an Oscar nomination thanks to the role.
"Carrie" will be directed by Kimberly Pierce with Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa penning the screenplay. The movie is expected to kick off filming later this year, right after the casting is complete.
As for Moretz, the blond beauty was last seen in Martin Scorsese's Oscar-winning "Hugo". Her next big screen stint is in Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows", which also stars Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter.
More Carrie News
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance