64th Primetime Emmy Awards to Be Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel
Jimmy Kimmel would be the host of 64th Primetime Emmy Awards which is held September 23 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. This would be the first time that the talk show host performs such duty for the Emmys although this is not his first hosting gig for big awards show. Kimmel previously led American Music Awards and ESPY Awards.
"I hope to be able to do for the Emmys this year what Eddie Murphy did for the Oscars," Kimmel joked, referring to the actor who pulled out as the host of this year's Oscar ceremony and got replaced by Billy Crystal.
Don Mischer, who recently directed the Oscars, has been hired for the 12th time as executive producer of Emmys, ABC also announced. "We love television and look forward to working with the Television Academy and ABC in creating a show that is fast-paced, humorous, unpredictable and at times irreverent, but clearly celebratory of our incredible industry," Mischer said in a statement.
The Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast live on both coasts. Last year, "Glee" actress Jane Lynch also hosted the Emmys for the first time.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge