64th Primetime Emmy Awards to Be Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel
Jimmy Kimmel would be the host of 64th Primetime Emmy Awards which is held September 23 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. This would be the first time that the talk show host performs such duty for the Emmys although this is not his first hosting gig for big awards show. Kimmel previously led American Music Awards and ESPY Awards.
"I hope to be able to do for the Emmys this year what Eddie Murphy did for the Oscars," Kimmel joked, referring to the actor who pulled out as the host of this year's Oscar ceremony and got replaced by Billy Crystal.
Don Mischer, who recently directed the Oscars, has been hired for the 12th time as executive producer of Emmys, ABC also announced. "We love television and look forward to working with the Television Academy and ABC in creating a show that is fast-paced, humorous, unpredictable and at times irreverent, but clearly celebratory of our incredible industry," Mischer said in a statement.
The Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast live on both coasts. Last year, "Glee" actress Jane Lynch also hosted the Emmys for the first time.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones