Gallagher Hospitalized Again After Suffering Yet Another Heart Attack
Less than two weeks after he had a heart attack at a Texas bar, stand-up comic Gallagher has suffered yet another attack. The 65-year-old, whose real name is Leo Anthony Gallagher Jr., was rushed back to a hospital in Sedona, Arizona on Sunday, March 25 afternoon following a "fairly mild" attack, his promotional manager Christine Scherrer confirmed.
Scherrer spilled to The Hollywood Reporter that the minor attack may have been caused by complications from Gallagher's March 14 attack. The representative additionally dished that the comedian hadn't been feeling good earlier in the day, but is now awake and resting comfortably with his family by his side.
TMZ, which is first to come out with the report, suggested that the comic, who is best known for his stage act of smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer, ran out of his heart medication before he had the attack.
Gallagher's latest health woe came just days after he was released from a hospital in Texas for a previous heart attack. Back on March 14 just before he went on the stage to perform, he collapsed backstage at Coach Joe's Hat Tricks in Lewisville, Texas because of the "mild to serious" attack. He was then placed in a medically induced coma for a few days.
In his first interview after his March 14 heart attack, Gallagher announced his retirement from comedy club shows. During a radio interview with "Over Breakfast With Scott Spears" on Thursday, March 22, he said he plans to focus on other projects. "I decided that this is enough," he admitted. "I have 32 years of live performing, and so I'm looking for just some little stuff, like retirement things, I'd like to show up at maybe company parties."
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'