23rd GLAAD Media Awards Honor Lady GaGa, Oprah and 'DWTS'
The 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Saturday, March 24 feted Lady GaGa, "Dancing with the Stars" and Oprah Winfrey among others. The New York portion of the event that honors stories of LGBT people and issues was hosted by Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera of "Glee".
As many as 27 categories' winners were announced at this ceremony. GaGa took home outstanding music artist for her album "Born This Way" while Oprah was honored for her talk show episode "Coming Out on the Oprah Show: 25 Years of Unforgettable Guests".
Winning the Outstanding Reality Program was "Dancing with the Stars" which included its first transgendered contestant, Chaz Bono. The trophy was accepted by openly gay Season 13 contestant Carson Kressley. In the film category, "Pariah" won the outstanding film award. The film follows a Brooklyn teenager who juggles conflicting identities and risks friendship, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression.
Other winners and honorees are "Cinema Verite", "Smash" executive producers, and openly gay teen Katy Butler. The New York awards recipients can be seen on the official site while the remaining categories will be revealed April 21 in Los Angeles and June 2 in San Francisco.
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal