23rd GLAAD Media Awards Honor Lady GaGa, Oprah and 'DWTS'
The 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Saturday, March 24 feted Lady GaGa, "Dancing with the Stars" and Oprah Winfrey among others. The New York portion of the event that honors stories of LGBT people and issues was hosted by Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera of "Glee".
As many as 27 categories' winners were announced at this ceremony. GaGa took home outstanding music artist for her album "Born This Way" while Oprah was honored for her talk show episode "Coming Out on the Oprah Show: 25 Years of Unforgettable Guests".
Winning the Outstanding Reality Program was "Dancing with the Stars" which included its first transgendered contestant, Chaz Bono. The trophy was accepted by openly gay Season 13 contestant Carson Kressley. In the film category, "Pariah" won the outstanding film award. The film follows a Brooklyn teenager who juggles conflicting identities and risks friendship, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression.
Other winners and honorees are "Cinema Verite", "Smash" executive producers, and openly gay teen Katy Butler. The New York awards recipients can be seen on the official site while the remaining categories will be revealed April 21 in Los Angeles and June 2 in San Francisco.
More Lady GaGa News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show